Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

After downloading the latest version of Clover and ran it, after reboot, the Apple Logo with the progress bar moving very slow to the end then just "black" screen....please help!!!!!!!

I install Sierra and my WiFi not worked (on El Capitan WiFi will working) my wifi is BCM4360 Broadcom & i have two problem - Audio HD Realtek ALC 1050 not worked (on El Capitan Audio HD will working) Pls help me Google not search resolving this problems!

So I seemed to have gotten through the installation OK but when I go to boot into Sierra from the Clover boot screen, I get to where it seems like the login box should pop up (I see a background with red and blue mountains blurred) and then it just hangs.

This seems to happen no matter what boot options I choose.

Kexts in Other folder:
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
FakeSMC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I also tried with verbose mode and notice that it stops and reboot with "timeout kextd AppleACPICPU", anyone have this error?

Having the same issue. I followed all the steps as listed, still no luck

i boot directly from elcappitan drive, and not in clover menu how to fix that and there is not install macOs,but when i boot with usb i see that MacOS drive from my hadrive

Last edited:
Ugh, I can't seem to get this to work. I made sure Clover is updated to the latest, I removed third party kext for RealtekALC from library/extensions. I followed the instructions, pressing space, selecting without cache. In verbose mode I get stopped at "system uptime in nanoseconds" and it just sits there. I also tried different boot flags like maxmem=4096, dart=0, etc. Also I tried turning off Intel Virtualization in bios. No matter what I do, I get stuck at the same point.

FYI I have no idea why the image flipped upside down, when I open it in preview it's not like that.

IMG_1944.JPG

Installed Sierra today. Works perfect with iMac14,2 SMBIOS configuration and nvidia web drivers. MacPro 5,1/6,1 doesn't work. It had tons of problems with them(Grey screen after updating, instant reboots, stucking with "...code:1"(with arg -v) or just turned to sleep).

P.S. MultiBeast - El Capitan Edition 8.2.3 works well here(I mean on macOS Sierra).

CPU - Intel i5 4460
GPU - Asus gtx 650
Motherboard - Asus B85M-G
RAM - 16GB

Last edited:
Back