Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Throwing in another data point. Successful in place upgrade using the simple directions from the top. HP Z800 (2x6 core 2.66GHZ, 96GB RAM, SSD on PCIe adapter, nVidia Quadro 4000), Clover 3676. Had to use wired mouse during upgrade (since obviously bluetooth wasn't paired). Seems my old Logitech camera isn't working but I can't remember if it did before...

Yes! Finally managed to upgrade to Sierra.
sierra.jpeg
Enabled verbose and noticed that it stops with aplleHDA error.
Installed audio from this thread - http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sierra-desktop-realtek-applehda-audio.197923/
And after that booted fine and started install, after that updated nvidia driver and installed script for hdmi audio.

If I put a known working EFI on a USB and boot from it, it should bypass my broken one on the SSD and boot...no?

My USB is not allowing me to boot into OS X at all.

i have maximus v formula alc 898 and sound is not working, no output device found...i tried with toleda script, anyone can help?

tnx

i dont have sound after direct update, some help pls

hi..
all works fine until I choose the macOS install in the clover..
its passed the step of apple loading screening and after that its stuck in a white screen with spinning mouse.
why?

i dont have sound after direct update, some help pls

Check the previous comments on what Robbish was saying about it.

hi..
all works fine until I choose the macOS install in the clover..
its passed the step of apple loading screening and after that its stuck in a white screen with spinning mouse.
why?

verbose output?

I am using Clover version r3751 and I had this problem initially.

After waiting over 3hrs for macOS Sierra app download to complete, I ran the outstanding updates that were waiting in the Mac App Store but then stopped the update process before it could finish as I was eager to run the install macOS sierra.app.

After getting the "installer payload signature failed" pop-up 3 times, I ran the outstanding updates, rebooted and then was able to run the sierra install app without issue so try a reboot.
i am facing the same problem, I am using clover version r3751 after so many reboots this problem still there, should i need to re-download macOS again?

can i use multibeast for el capitan for add sound ?

Back