Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Hello everyone,

I am trying to update, installed newest Clover as suggested and moved FakeSMC.kext to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other directory:
Screen_Shot_2016_09_21_at_16_19_14.png

When the installer starts, it reaches to a point where I get the message "DSMOS: SMC returned incorrect key:" blah blah, which causes a kernel panic.

Does this mean that the FakeSMC does not load? You can see a video of the boot process here, the message pops up at around 0:42

Thanks

I will confirm I have this working when enabling kext, verbose, web graphics enabled, and without cache selected.

My only issue right now is that I can't seem to get my video card to display color correctly. Installed the beta graphics card and my blues and reds are all mixed up.

I'm using Mac Pro 5,1 profile
This helped me! Thank you!

The web driver is updated to 367.15.10.05f01, working flawlessly.

The problem I'm facing is no sound :(

Man!

I have been struggling since yesterday.

First, the newest version of clover wouldn't install on El Capitan. Now, trying a fresh install, I get the spinning beach ball until it eventually freezes.

My rig is:
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
3.4 Ghz Intel core i5
8G DDR3
Used macmini mid 2011 for system definition

Did the direct install route with the latest Clover. On reboot used no caches and Sierra installed within 30 minutes with no initial issues. On a 2nd reboot I did not have audio so I used audio_cloverALC-120 and on the 3rd reboot had audio back.

* GA-Z77-DS3H + Intel HD4000 Gfx + macOS Sierra INSTALL SUCCESS ! *
  • Backed up El Capitan and my EFI partition
  • Mounted EFI with EFI Mounter v3
  • Ran Clover_v2.3k_r3751.pkg and kept my previous UEFI settings
  • Copied existing kexts (FakeSMC, ALXEthernet, HWSensor kexts) to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12
  • SIP entries and Rt Variables set same as OS X El Capitan
  • Ran the Install macOS Sierra.app from OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 desktop
  • On first reboot, I selected the Boot OS X Install option / Without Caches (Clover bootloader menu)
  • Logged into macOS 10.12 Sierra and set up iCloud - Success..
  • Clover TRIM patch, my DSDT and SSDT all working except no audio (as expected !)
  • Mounted EFI with EFI Mounter app
  • Ran Toleda audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0bo.command patch (Big Ups BTW :)
  • Rebooted back into macOS Sierra and my Realtek ALC889 audio is working :)
  • Edit:- both Messages & FaceTime are working ! (although I don't really use them much)
  • iTunes and Beats 1 Radio works

Last edited:
Clover upgrade and direct upgrade worked fine after copying kexts to OTHER folder.

My mistake, I have the sound now, but it's very low

Low sound is a problem often encountered. Try the black port (rear out) instead of the green one (front out) (i know on your mobo it's not colour coded, life's tough). Then select the proper output in your sys pref. This gives a sound boost sometimes, without altering the quality. If it doesn't work, try Boom2, a nice piece of software that boosts up your volume.

So guys, no one has a clue about this "installer payload signature failed"? That's a shame, it's usually because of faulty USB (drive and/or port), but for me it happens when the installer starts directly from the main drive, not form a USB drive... Does it has anything to do with SIP?

Back