Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

SIP is disabled. I'm using the OsxAptioFixDrv2. They're all from the latest Clover from SourceForge which is why the modified date current. I've only got FakeSMC and my PS2Keyboard. Attached are screenshots as requested.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 2.59.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 2.59.04 AM.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 893
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 2.58.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 2.58.48 AM.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 884
SIP is disabled. I'm using the OsxAptioFixDrv2. They're all from the latest Clover from SourceForge which is why the modified date current. I've only got FakeSMC and my PS2Keyboard. Attached are screenshots as requested.

Never used PS2 keyboard in OS X so not tested it. Recommend removing it for now. Another thing to try is OsxAptioFixDrv.

I can confirm I was having the same wait busy kextd errors. I booted with the cache instead of without and now it booted just fine into the installer. Not sure what the difference is but so far its running we shall see if it finishes properly.

This is on my skylake build not X99 just FYI.

Never used PS2 keyboard in OS X so not tested it. Recommend removing it for now. Another thing to try is OsxAptioFixDrv.
I'm on a laptop upgrading directly via Clover, so that's why I need it. Perhaps I will try removing it for just the installation and use a USB keyboard/mouse variant and see if that helps.

I can confirm I was having the same wait busy kextd errors. I booted with the cache instead of without and now it booted just fine into the installer. Not sure what the difference is but so far its running we shall see if it finishes properly.

This is on my skylake build not X99 just FYI.
That's good news, hope it works!

I'm on a laptop upgrading directly via Clover, so that's why I need it. Perhaps I will try removing it for just the installation and use a USB keyboard/mouse variant and see if that helps.

That's good news, hope it works!

Oh my bad. Thought this was a desktop lol. I know VoodooPS2 allows you into the installer just fine but its kinda broken with keyboard and trackpad.

Oh my bad. Thought this was a desktop lol. I know VoodooPS2 allows you into the installer just fine but its kinda broken with keyboard and trackpad.
All good, it's the thought that counts. Currently testing other methods mentioned in this thread. Be back to post results soon,

Results are in! Booted with just FakeSMC in kexts/others and I'm at the installer now! Must've been the PS2Keyboard kext that caused the issue. I selected inject kexts and without cache.

OK and I have a working Sierra install now as well. Not sure why my particular setup didn't work without caches but with caches it did and I am happy!

If you have this problem, you probably are trying to boot the instalation with an old version of clover. Just update it with the latest one

bust timeout (240s) kextd wait (0) AppleACPICPU

I had this nasty problem a week ago, although I read that I have to update the clover. I made a USB stick with the latest clover, but I tried to boot the instalation with a 1 year old clover on my boot disk EFI partition. It was too late at night and I was sleepy ;) . After that the instalation went without any problem. No boot flags, no new kext, I used my old config.plist from El Capitan.

Just update the audio, and HDMI audio with the latest one v120 - toleda method.

Last edited:
Are you sure you boot the installation directly from the USB drive or it boots from clover on you boot disk of your hack?

You power on your System, you push F12, and you boot from UEFI USB drive?

Since, the installation is 2 cycles, if you clover is not updated on you Hackintosh boot drive, after the reboot you have to boot again from the clover on your USB drive, and continue the second part of installation, or you won't be able to complete the installation:beachball:.

My suggestion is: before, you start to upgrade to Sierra, first update your Clover on your hackintosh boot drive, or you have a chance to mess up with the 2 version of Clover, as I did.

Hope it helps ;) !

Last edited:
Back