Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Weirdly it appears that Sierra has blown out the visibility of Mounting of EFI in the Finder window. I would suggest that you Mount the EFI using EFI Mounter v3.app this then should display in the Finder window as a Device

You then need to view hidden files on the Hackingtosh so that you can copy all the kexts from Library\Extensions into EFI\Clover\Other that should work.

To show hidden files on your Hackingtosh open a Terminal and cut and paste each of these two lines

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
killall Finder

The go to the "Go" menu in Finder, hold down Option and then select Library. This will open the library window... then find extensions and copy all those kexts in there into EFI\Clover\Other

this should help... am guessing

I should have mentioned that I'm still running El Capitan at the moment, basically I'm stuck between numbers one and two on the guide (post #1) Also the terminal says that the resource is busy when I try to manually mount the EFI partition, if that means anything...

I should have mentioned that I'm still running El Capitan at the moment, basically I'm stuck between numbers one and two on the guide (post #1) Also the terminal says that the resource is busy when I try to manually mount the EFI partition, if that means anything...

I seem to have to found my mistake, after the El Capitan flash drive got done being made, I ejected the flash drive and (apparently) along with my system EFI Partition. I put my Sierra flash drive in, told clover configurator to mount the EFI Partition on disk0s1 (system Hard Drive) and BAM! I have full access to my EFI Partition now!!! Mac really get me confused sometimes haha!

Following instructions from post #1
choose Without Caches option then Boot Mac OS X with selected options
, I get this message during installation then it just hangs there.

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.134) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1

Rebooted again and chose to load with injected kext, and this time macOS installed in about 30 mins. After another reboot, it shortly went into a black screen (about 20-30 sec), then apple logo appeared with a progressbar - it says "Completing Installation: About 13 minutes remaining". So far so good

Last edited:
I will confirm I have this working when enabling kext, verbose, web graphics enabled, and without cache selected.

My only issue right now is that I can't seem to get my video card to display color correctly. Installed the beta graphics card and my blues and reds are all mixed up.

I'm using Mac Pro 5,1 profile

I did select all these options when booting but still can't get it to work.
This is what I get, loading bar gets stuck and rainbow wheel is in top left corner:
IMG_20160921_093110.jpg

I put only FakeSMC.kext in the kext folder. Do I need to put anything else in there?

This is what I get, loading bar gets stuck and rainbow wheel is in top left corner:
View attachment 211130

I put only FakeSMC.kext in the kext folder. Do I need to put anything else in there?
Having the same issue right now, trying to find out why it's doing that.
My progress bar doesn't even move it just keeps spinning the beach ball and the cursor isn't able to move.

Having the same issue right now, trying to find out why it's doing that.
My progress bar doesn't even move it just keeps spinning the beach ball and the cursor isn't able to move.

Boot without cache. Have a look at where it gets stuck in verbose mode how does you're L/E look?

View attachment 211130

FakeSMC and appropriate Ethernet kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/other. Recommend double checking on L/E because having a messy L/E directly can cause all sorts to happen. Make sure your booting without cache.

Boot without cache. Have a look at where it gets stuck in verbose mode how does you're L/E look?
Well, after the timeout of (240), it clears out and it reloads into another screen with the black Apple logo and a progress bar. The mouse cursor appears on the top left of the screen which then changes into a spinning beach ball. At that point, verbose mode is gone and it tries to boot the installer (in a sense).
I only have FakeSMC in my Clover/kexts/Other folder.

Attached is the L/E folder. Perhaps removing all but FakePCIID and FakeSMC in that folder may help.
All the other kexts are located in S/L/E (don't think it matters where you store it in S/L/E or L/E in El Capitan).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 2.52.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 2.52.01 AM.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 1,161
Hello!
Just to confirm on my part that the update process went flawlessly from 10,11,6 to 10,12 (updated clover to latest version, reboot with inject kext (previously copied to to /clover/kexts/other) and without cache).
Took 45 mn approx.
Upon first boot, the nvidia app suggested to download the latest webdrivers. Reboot and voilà!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Well, after the timeout of (240), it clears out and it reloads into another screen with the black Apple logo and a progress bar. The mouse cursor appears on the top left of the screen which then changes into a spinning beach ball. At that point, verbose mode is gone and it tries to boot the installer (in a sense).
I only have FakeSMC in my Clover/kexts/Other folder.

Attached is the L/E folder. Perhaps removing all but FakePCIID and FakeSMC in that folder may help.

What exactly have you put in EFI/Clover/kexts/other? is SIP disabled? which version of OsxAptioFixDrv are you using?

Back