Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Update ... I was able to boot the installer using HD530 internal graphics but it crashes on the reboot to finish the install. Which I suppose is the same place when I installed Sierra from El Capitan. There is a known issue with Sierra and the HD530 so I switched back to my GTX 260 but got nowhere.
So the problem seems to definitely be graphics.
When trying the HD530 gphx i set via Clover Inject Intel instead of inject Nvidia. Is there a better way to do config.plist with the HD530?
Using the spacebar and doing nv_disable=1 doesn't work ... any ideas here. Also my card isn't on the web driver list

any ideas on what to try next other than waiting for some fixes?

Update 2: Got Sierra installed using Inject Nvidia, Nvidia Single and Nvidia Generic and using nv_disable=1. I booted up to complete the installation.
But ... Like others there is a flickering screen and my GTX260 isn't recognized. As well my Realtek ALC1150 isn't working ...

Updated from El Capitan to Sierra. Downloaded from App Store. All I needed to do was copy all kexts from 10.11 to other, and boot without caches. System Definition is IMac 14.2.

Anyone having sleep issues since upgrading? I finally got wake after sleep working without all apps crashing (used 14,2) and now since update, manual sleep and wake very flaky....

A quick note to report all up and running after using the direct update from Mac App store.

System is a new one (User Build coming soon) based on the Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5 motherboard and GT740 GDDR5 graphics.

Used the guidance here but also had to change the Clover boot command-line to include: nv_disable=1 (remove the enable parameter) to get past a black screen at boot.

Once into OS X, in unaccelerated mode, I also had no sound.

Ran MultiBeast 9 to re-install audio for ALC1150

Ran latest Sierra NVidia web-drivers.

Used @shiloh's excellent AGDPFix v1.3 to patch graphics for 17.1 system definition.

Manually edited CLOVER/config.plist to include the new Web Driver switch in System Parameters key.

Rebooted and all working. About this Mac:

system.png

All went smoothly well. I ran upgrade from 10.11.6 to Sierra

Hi - please help. Its been a while since I used clover - can someone remind me how to open clover on restart instead of the usual mac startup?

Hi, I dont understand the purpose of Step 2. If Im an established Clover user, surely this step would have already been done or I wouldn't have a usable system?

Back