Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Use UniBeast to create the installer USB thumb driver. There's no longer the need to use the "vanilla" method.

But, that's as far as I can tell you what to do since I'm not telepathic. We need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Sorry, I'm new here and didn't know about the rules regarding system components in signatures. I know this hardware is old, so I don't mind staying on El Capitan but if you had any insight that would be appreciated.

Ran it on my backup volume, and all is well. Just had to update the ALC898 driver with Multibeast. Even my old apps work!

Came directly from Yosemite, fwiw.

Hello.
I'm trying to prepare my hackintosh to the sierra update but I've troubles with Clover: I've the last version of Clover Configurator, but when I use "update Clover", it cant find any revision... I downloaded and installed the last version of Clover UEFI mounter. And now on reboot, I've troubles (runtime area error for example). I still access to El Capitan sometimes, but before my hackintosh was perfectly stable.
Any clues?

Edit: I uploaded the bootlog, the configplist, my kexts (all are in Others) and the Extensions from Library.

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    22.5 KB · Views: 161
  • config.plist
    10.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Extensions.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 81
  • kexts.zip
    239.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
It worked on GA X58A UD7 I7 ATI6870.

Can you suggest me which line do I have to edit / add? Thanks in advance!

option in system parameter has been added to latest Clover 4.33.0

WildWillow,

I apologize. Please delete the my posits in this thread.

I did get Sierra to re-install fine this weekend, using Unibeast for Sierra and MultiBeast for Sierra. I didn't even need to add an Ethernet selection in MultiBeast as Sierra installed the correct network configuration; audio worked right out of the box, installing the nVidia WebDriver was a breeze. You guys did some great work.

I am already running El Capitan but I want to start from scratch on sierra.
I want to delete everything and start as a brand new computer.

How should I proceed?

I am already running El Capitan but I want to start from scratch on sierra.
I want to delete everything and start as a brand new computer.

How should I proceed?
You don't want to save any files?
If not, just create a Unibeast install disk and boot from it. When you get to the installer, go to Tools and choose Disk Utility and format your hard drive (wipes everything). Then quit Disk Utility and continue with the installer to install Sierra.

You don't want to save any files?
If not, just create a Unibeast install disk and boot from it. When you get to the installer, go to Tools and choose Disk Utility and format your hard drive (wipes everything). Then quit Disk Utility and continue with the installer to install Sierra.

No I do not want to save any files.

The only thing I want to keep is the Clover Boot Screen since I finally got it to work properly.

Last edited:
i've copied everything from kexts/10.11 to kexts/10.12 (maybe you can also copy kexts to kexts/other), and booted up the Installer with 'Without caches' and 'Injext kexts' options enabled... It seems to be work now.

Back