Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Super quick question. I updated Clover and wanted to test if my existing OS X 10.11.6 would still boot from it. Turns out I get some red screen with an exception error. I am slightly bothered about running the installation of Sierra now. Thoughts?

Super quick question. I updated Clover and wanted to test if my existing OS X 10.11.6 would still boot from it. Turns out I get some red screen with an exception error. I am slightly bothered about running the installation of Sierra now. Thoughts?

You mean the installation gave an exception/error or did your restart and the boot screen threw an error? Also, details about the error would be appreciated. Anything it says, screenshots are very useful

I have installed Sierra on my Lenovo Y580, but when laptop reboots after installation i got this kernel panic. There's my "other" folder in attachment. I was only able to start the installation with these kexts and used kext injection + without caches.
Also I used latest clover. No matter what I put on my "other" folder on EFI, kernel panics. Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_1506.JPG
    IMG_1506.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 804
  • IMG_1508.JPG
    IMG_1508.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 695

I understand what you are doing, taking it one step at a time which is a very good strategy! Apparently some other people are having issues with the latest clover version (r3761) I would recommend installing version r3751. If you still have your unibeast flash drive, boot from that and then try to boot the mac hard drive. Keep in mind that you would have to make your changes that you did before to have mac boot successfully.

I understand what you are doing, taking it one step at a time which is a very good strategy! Apparently some other people are having issues with the latest clover version (r3761) I would recommend installing version r3751. If you still have your unibeast flash drive, boot from that and then try to boot the mac hard drive. Keep in mind that you would have to make your changes that you did before to have mac boot successfully.

Thanks for your response. No worries I had my flash drive ready and created a backup of my EFI Partition to reset the changes. I have updated to r3751 now and it works without any problems! Am I safe to install Sierra on this Clover Version though?

Thanks for your response. No worries I had my flash drive ready and created a backup of my EFI Partition to reset the changes. I have updated to r3751 now and it works without any problems! Am I safe to install Sierra on this Clover Version though?

Yes, you should be able to install Sierra now. Make a backup of the Hard Drive first if you have important files. I just got done with part one of the upgrade process which went fine, I had to boot normally into the Install MacOS option, that may be different for you.

I confirm the problems with r3761 (I had r3128 installed), on El Cap and on my gear at least (crashes, reboots, reboots within reboots etc). Downgraded to r3751, less problems, but still very very unstable on El Cap, especially when using safari (how is this connected, I know not). Tried to direct update Sierra and "installer payload signature failed".... Went back to r3128, El Cap stable again... If anyone has a clue, I'd love to understand what's going on, even if it's not fixable!

Yes, you should be able to install Sierra now. Make a backup of the Hard Drive first if you have important files. I just got done with part one of the upgrade process which went fine, I had to boot normally into the Install MacOS option, that may be different for you.

Alright running one last MultiBeast Build to change to iMac. Will let you guys know how it goes (hope it doesn't mess up on Legacy).

Working Great on my Hackintosh !! Thank you !!

Okay been running the installer twice now.

First time macOS Sierra cannot be installed on "(null)" -> boots straight back into El Capitan
Second time it apparently went through without any error but showed no boot option in Clover

Anyone?

Edit: Apparently I was silly enough to not properly update my Clover. I am on Sierra now without Issues beside non working sound.

Last edited:
Back