Motherboard
GA-Z97X UD5 BLK
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 7970
Mac
  1. iMac
nothing on -v I can boot nv_disable=1 VESA mode so the issue is with my card gtx650ti, seems to boot ok in normal mode but display goes to sleep, so no video. also tried to install the webdriver and nothing. Tks.
in that case boot with nv-disable=1 then install Nvidia Web Driver and you should be done.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
CPU
E3-1241v3
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just returned from a vacation today and I'm good to go here with PowerMac G5 Red (see signature for details).

My first step was to install the latest version of Clover (3763), edit my Config.plist file as per Tony's instructions for the Nvidia Web driver, and then reboot to make sure everything was okay in El Cap. I then cloned my installation to one of my backup drives.

Then I downloaded the latest Nvidia Web driver, downloaded the macOS Sierra installer, and then ran the installer.

After two reboots I was on the Sierra desktop where the Nvidia Driver Manager informed me that I was running with the OS X default driver and that there was an update available.

I ran the Nvidia Web Driver installer and rebooted.

The only issue I had was getting my Apple Bluetooth mouse to work properly. I ended up disconnecting the mouse, shutting down, booting up, and then re-pairing the mouse. After that the mouse worked perfectly and so does Sierra. :clap:

Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 8.26.07 PM.png

This was the easiest upgrade ever!

Tom

Motherboard
GA-Z490 Vision G
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Easy update - I did the direct update using Clover. Was struggling with Realtek ALC 1150 audio - did not have any output devices.
Had to copy updated config.plist from /EFI/CLOVER to /EFI/CLOVER/OEM/Z97X-UD5H/UEFI.
Sound working now.

upload_2016-9-24_22-25-30.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
. . . The only issue I had was getting my Apple Bluetooth mouse to work properly. I ended up disconnecting the mouse, shutting down, booting up, and then re-pairing the mouse. After that the mouse worked perfectly and so does Sierra. . .

Tom

Thank you doc! I had restarted Bluetooth, unplugged & replugged dongle, turned mouse on and off, etc. I even thought I had disconnected & reconnected earlier today. This time disconnecting & reconnecting did the trick. It was my final head scratcher after upgrading to Sierra.:cool:

Motherboard
ASUS B85M-G
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Some users have reported success using this version of clover perhaps you could give it a try!
"Clover_v2.3k_r3726.zip"

Thanks for the advice. I was able to move forward a bit. After the reboot, selected Boot Mac OS X and got stuck here forever. Please see the attached screen.

Edit: I was able to go past this screen with nv_disable=1. It seems El capitan got updated to macos because I noticed that mouse pointer speed is again reset to defaults. Now I see the login screen asking for the password. The problem now is that the USB (2.0) mouse is working but the USB (2.0) keyboard is not working. So I can't use the keyboard to get past the login screen. How can I get the keyboard working ?

Thank you.

Edit1 : I'm now on Sierra but nVidia graphics issues are there.. It's not showing the native resolution (1366 * 768) even after installing the latest drivers from nVidia.

Attachments

• IMG_20160925_090210.jpg
    IMG_20160925_090210.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Mine just restarts but I don't see any errors from verbose. I do see under the "Kernal Extensions in the backtrace" that it's loading the AppleTyMCEDriver...and other people's screen shots don't have that. I normally delete that so I can get my GPU to work. I want to add it back, but don't have a copy. Can anyone give me an unedited AppleTyMCEDriver.kext for 10.11.6? Or, can you see anything else that might be causing my error? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5259.JPG
    IMG_5259.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 113
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5
CPU
Intel i5 6600K
Graphics
AMD RX 480
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Massive thanks for this guide. It worked for me flawlessly. No deviations from the guide. Just follow it.

Be sure to do a full backup of your install before doing anything. It's always nice to have a backup; like oversized jeans. You hope you never have to use them but it's awfully nice to have them just in case.

I am writing this from my Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5 and i56600K. I even got Sierra to read my RX 480, and all 8GB of its memory.

After the install, I mounted my EFI partition using Clover Configurator and used the Toleda Script for audio. Beautiful work, guys. Thank you.

Motherboard
GA-Z97-D3H F8
CPU
Intel i-3 4330
Graphics
EVGA GT-610 2048 MB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Weirdly it appears that Sierra has blown out the visibility of Mounting of EFI in the Finder window. I would suggest that you Mount the EFI using EFI Mounter v3.app this then should display in the Finder window as a Device

You then need to view hidden files on the Hackingtosh so that you can copy all the kexts from Library\Extensions into EFI\Clover\Other that should work.

To show hidden files on your Hackingtosh open a Terminal and cut and paste each of these two lines

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
killall Finder

The go to the "Go" menu in Finder, hold down Option and then select Library. This will open the library window... then find extensions and copy all those kexts in there into EFI\Clover\Other

this should help... am guessing
No it did not

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Worked when I followed the directions regarding kexts! lol

The installer set up fine though it wouldn't fully boot. I reinstalled Clover a second time and then moved my kexts to Other, after it struck me that there wasn't a 10.12 folder generated with the Clover update. Was then able to boot smoothly to the installer and it has been smooth sailing, mind you, with my legacy BIOS Z68 rig. :-D