Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

upload_2016-9-24_17-52-24.png

All good here, once I had completed the requirements and ran the toledo setup (big up's to it creator), set the device audio injection number to 3 in clover, and everything appears to be working. Make sure you follow all the directions. I didn't even back up, but I do have TimeMachine setup and fully functional. Please do read the directions concerning turning off settings no longer needed in clover.

How did you recreate EFI partition?

Before the OS Update.
Mount EFI Partition
Backup - Copy the partition in a backup folder on my desktop
Remove all files from the EFI Partition
With MultiBeast using the QuickStart option and select the Ethernet an sound driver
it recreates the EFI files in EFI partition.
Then using Clover Configurator I was able to update to the lastest version using the install/Update Clover
I was able to launch the Sierra Update as describe in post #1
At reboot I noticed that's the sound was not working so I apply the patch audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0
Then I put back my config.plist previously backuped
I also put back the Microsoft folder because I have a dual boot....
That's it....
All is back and working as previously.

Updated. All work great but when update clover... Boot0 Error from SSD >.<. Only work with USB clover.

if you can only boot in safe mode, it sounds like you have some conflict with your add on kext. try to boot in Verbal mode -v, you should see which kext that cause the problem.

nothing on -v I can boot nv_disable=1 VESA mode so the issue is with my card gtx650ti, seems to boot ok in normal mode but display goes to sleep, so no video. also tried to install the webdriver and nothing. Tks.

Updated. All work great but when update clover... Boot0 Error from SSD >.<. Only work with USB clover.

Easy fix - copy EFI folder from usb installer to the EFI partition of the ssd drive after deleting the one in there, then you can edit the config.plist to suit.

There may be another way to do it. Im running xfx 280x as well. If you boot with internal graphics first, you should be able to delete the kext. You can also try to dynamically upload a different vbios. Im using asus 280x vbios.
There's a good description here on how to do it in case deleting the kext no longer works. Damn xfx cards not liking hackintoshes
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/adding-amd-280x-graphics-card.183264/page-2

Hey Ricky7, so I tried doing this and it works...sort of. I'm booting by injecting ATi, but now my performance is low (about 1/3, based on Luxmark/cinebench). Any suggestions?

Edit: I spoke too soon. I tried a few different ROM's, and also unchecked "Inject ATi," and it seems to be working now. Thanks again!

Last edited:
nothing on -v I can boot nv_disable=1 VESA mode so the issue is with my card gtx650ti, seems to boot ok in normal mode but display goes to sleep, so no video. also tried to install the webdriver and nothing. Tks.
in that case boot with nv-disable=1 then install Nvidia Web Driver and you should be done.

I just returned from a vacation today and I'm good to go here with PowerMac G5 Red (see signature for details).

My first step was to install the latest version of Clover (3763), edit my Config.plist file as per Tony's instructions for the Nvidia Web driver, and then reboot to make sure everything was okay in El Cap. I then cloned my installation to one of my backup drives.

Then I downloaded the latest Nvidia Web driver, downloaded the macOS Sierra installer, and then ran the installer.

After two reboots I was on the Sierra desktop where the Nvidia Driver Manager informed me that I was running with the OS X default driver and that there was an update available.

I ran the Nvidia Web Driver installer and rebooted.

The only issue I had was getting my Apple Bluetooth mouse to work properly. I ended up disconnecting the mouse, shutting down, booting up, and then re-pairing the mouse. After that the mouse worked perfectly and so does Sierra. :clap:

Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 8.26.07 PM.png

This was the easiest upgrade ever!

Tom

Easy update - I did the direct update using Clover. Was struggling with Realtek ALC 1150 audio - did not have any output devices.
Had to copy updated config.plist from /EFI/CLOVER to /EFI/CLOVER/OEM/Z97X-UD5H/UEFI.
Sound working now.

upload_2016-9-24_22-25-30.png

Last edited:
Back