RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Managed to get this system to Sierra from ElCap.6 on the second try, by booting the installer normally.

For groundwork, I updated Clover to 3751 and copied FakeSMC.kext and AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other, previously occupied by Shiki.kext and iMac,kext (a plist-only module to inject device IDs for Shiki and the GTX960). I was already running on an iMac 14,2 sysdef.

Installer app ran very quickly. Rebooted, added nv_disable=1, selected installer, selected "without caches" and booted. Apple logo comes up, row of pluses in the top left. Progress bar goes maybe a tenth. Pinwheel, mouse works. Does nothing for about 10-15 minutes, then freezes, necessitating a hard reset.

ElCap was unaffected, and still booted. The installer was still available in Clover. After going back into ElCap to make sure it worked, I tried the installer again, but booting it normally (I think I saw someone on this thread try that). It went through the Apple logo, into the GUI and installed. I went through the post-install clean-up of installing nvidia drivers and adjusting Clover accordingly. This was a bit difficult as Clover Configurator wouldn't mount the EFI partition and I needed to use Terminal to do it. It turned out that the drives occasionally trade places and at the time my macOS drive was disk1, swapping back to disk0 a couple of reboots later just to keep me on my toes. No effect on Windows so far. It took a couple of runs of Clover-ALC120 to get sound back, and the system was back up and running.

And it still seems okay, though I had to turn off sleep tonight after I interrupted a sleep attempt and effectively locked it, forcing a hard reset. Siri works, Shiki plays iTunes Store content, all appears well, but will play some more this weekend.

Motherboard
Sabertooth Z87
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Smooth Update for me. Everything working except for audio (I'll wait for Multibeast for that).
Just downloaded FakeSMC and put it in the Other folder. Then ran the updater and booted without caches.
Screenshot 2016-09-23 14.25.05.png

Motherboard
Z170N-WIFI
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Silly question maybe, but I don't have any FakeSMC.kext in my EFI partition. Do I still have to add it manually to the Other folder?

Motherboard
Z170 Deluxe
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Silly question maybe, but I don't have any FakeSMC.kext in my EFI partition. Do I still have to add it manually to the Other folder?
Yes you'll want to add it to the Other folder, include your ethernet kext too.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Core I7 3.4
Graphics
Zotac Geforce Titan GTX
Mac
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guys, my installer boots into the El Capitan installer. Anyone encountered this? No idea how to fix :)

Move the cursor to the next drive with the arrow keys hit spacebar to tick boot without cache and inject kext.

Motherboard
GigaByte Z97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks, I updated today.
Everything is working. :clap:
MB: Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
What procedure did you follow? I have same MB with i7 cpu, but have not succeeded so far.
First step goes well, then installer reboots and the install freezes with spinning beachball after a while.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All,

i run Clover Configurator 4.32.0 and try to load my EFI partition but the disk i use according to EFI mounter is Disk 3 but Clover Configurator cannot load this partition as you can see in screen capture.

I tried to install to disk 1 but my boot loader display the old version....

What should be done to mount the correct EFI partition ?

Thank you for your help.

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 20.57.29.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 21.02.02.png

Motherboard
Z170 Deluxe
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone