CPU
Core 2 Duo E8400
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce 730 2GB GDDR5
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have a problem about kextd wait busy timeout IOHDACodecFunction. Any ideas how to fix this?

Motherboard
GA Z97X UD3H
CPU
i5 4690K
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 950
Mobile Phone
iOS
These instructions do not work with my system shown in my signature.
I copied FakeSMC.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
I updated Clover to r3761 (also tried r3762 and r3763).
Had to remove graphics card and use on board graphics - HDMI port - in order to get installer to run.
Had to DESELECT Without Caches in order to get installer to run.
I used Clover r3763 and r3762 - would not boot with graphics card - onboard graphics booted OK.
Tried many boot options to get boot with graphics card:
Have installed alternate NVIDIA graphics drivers - NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.12.0 (16A23) - would not boot.
nv_disable=1 would not boot.
nvda_drv=1 would not boot.
vebose mode showed hung at FakeSMC: [Fatal] failed to initialize SMC device.
Tried adding:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

to config.plist and removing nvda_drv=1 but still would not boot with graphics card - onboard graphics booted OK.

So on Sierra:
1. No graphics card.
2. Also, no Audio.
3. Also system will not shut down or restart - Have tried FIXSHUTDOWN in config.plist - no dice.

Previous El Capitan worked perfectly.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-PH67A-UD3
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760
I updated from app store El Capitan to Sierra. No graphics and no sound. Also Nvidia alternate drivers don't work for me :banghead:

iMac 12,2 - GeForce GTX 760

Edit: I changed to iMac 14,2 and everything works perfect!

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H Rev 1.0 16GB Kingston Hyper-X grey
CPU
Intel i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX970
My experience, almost perfect. From 10.11.6 and app store following Tony's advice line by line.....

I'd already upgraded Clover to 3763 before starting.

Update worked perfectly, so well, that during the "sign with Apple ID" part of the Sierra install, the Nvidia Driver Manager was already asking to update itself and the Nvidia drivers.

I ignored it and booted into Sierra.

Here I found myself had a very odd screen resolution 1600 x something instead of my usual crisp 1440p.
SO, I upgraded the GPU drivers using the Nvidia Driver Manager and made the NvidiaWeb .plist changes as advised.

Rebooted.

NO CHANGE.

Checked there was no nvidia injection (I did not believe there was any to begin with and there wasn't)

Rebooted again.

NO CHANGE. Checking in sys info, GPU card wasn't recognised or named and no kext named or loaded. So...

I FIXED IT BY: Downloading again the Nvidia driver using the links Tony provided and reinstalling the video driver straight over the exisiting one. Did not uninstall the existing installed ones, just ran the package. With the config.plist change already in place......

Rebooted...and

That fixed it. Everything (and I mean everything) is working. Toleda script for audio (898) just great as ever. Thanks.

Thanks to all the people here Tony, Stork, Toleda and Rehab and everyone for this ever amazing font of knowledge.

TLDR: If you've made the NvidiaWeb .plist changes and are still having Nvidia Web Driver issues, instead of using the Nvidia Driver Manager to download them and update them, try just downloading them from Tony's links and just running the package and reinstalling them over the top of your existing ones.

That's all guys!

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS H97M-PLUS
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
GTX 760 2048 MB
Mobile Phone
iOS
I've Updated to Sierra my Hack (iMac 14,2) from App Store without problem.
1st system: El Cap to Sierra and 2nd system: Yosemite to Sierra.
Clover r3763, -Verbose boot option, disabled Fast Boot, SIP disabled (x67)
Sound, USB3 works fine.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370P D3
CPU
i3 8350K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi all,

Post MacOS Sierra help required.
A little help please, Using H170M-D3H and Skylake i5 6600 and GTX 970 With system definition 17,1 Was absolutely 100% perfect with El Cap!

• Updated Clover all good.
  • Placed FakeSMC in other.
  • Installed Sierra, all went smoothly!
  • Rebooted (after install) and Nvidia drivers wanted to update.
  • Did update to Nvidia, rebooted...... Screen went to power saving.
    (thought it was usual issue with sys def 17,1), patched AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext in single user mode, no joy!! still black screen after boot.
  • changed smbios in clover to 13,2 works fine with nvidia drivers so not driver issue.

So anyone got any info on using sys def 17,1 with gtx 970 and Sierra? usual AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext fix does not seem to work.
Also AppleHDA audio not working when was perfectly ok in El Cap?

Any info or pointers on these two issues would be very helpful!

wildwillow

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+R9 380 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370P D3
CPU
i3 8350K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
For Nvidia drivers see here NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.0 (367.15.10.05)
For audio remove your old AppleHDA.kext patches from your config.plist. With the EFI partition mounted use toleda's script here. Works perfectly for ALC1150 on my Skylake build. Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio
Hey thanks for the reply wildwillow!

I am already using 367.15.10.05, driver isnt an issue its using sys def 17,1 it would seem can only get it to work with 13,2
as for teh audio i will give this a try, again thanks for the reply :)