Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

I tried twice but twice got this:
http://imgur.com/a/i6f7t

stuck with the spinning wheel and this weird graphic.
My el capitan is fully working with 14.2 def,latest clover and everything is fine

what can I do to solve this? and yes I booted with "without caches"option

I had the same problem, so I tried it without checking the "without caches" option. It installed just fine. Everything seems to work, except for sound (ALC889), but sound works with a usb sound device.

Had to update Clover to 3763 to get the "Boot macOS install from X". One I choose that with verbose (no kexts or with ) it stops at this line and reboots .

I see also a AppleACPICPU timeout...

Any suggestions ??
Try version 3751 of clover. Read there were issues with 3763.

I had the same problem, so I tried it without checking the "without caches" option. It installed just fine. Everything seems to work, except for sound (ALC889), but sound works with a usb sound device.
I got sound working using CloverALC, just extract audio_cloverALC-120.command.zip and run audio_cloverALC-120.command, then follow the instructions and restart.

The macOS Sierra installation went smooth with No Cache, but now i keep losing signal on monitor (hdmi) after the Apple Logo finish loading, its weird because I only can boot with safe mode or nv-disable=1. :confused:

i have a 660ti with an i5 2500k (legacy)

Last edited:
I'm having issues while booting. I checked -without caches and using the latest Clover. This is the error I get:

osxaptiofixdrv error requested memory

I tried both aptio drivers, but no chance. Any suggestions?

optiofix2 use, and complete all the folder with yours kexts.

Captura de pantalla 1.JPG

Wondering if folk can help. I've downloaded Sierra and tried to install. Upon reboot via Clover the 'Boot macOS Install' option does not show up. And therefore the machine just boots right back into the old El Capitan install. Tried a few times with the same result.

In terms of system, I have fixed the system definition to iMac 14,2 and it shows up in About This Mac as a 27-inch, Late 2013 iMac. I am using Clover Configurator version 4.32.0 which I think is the latest one (hitting check for updates says that this is the newest version available).

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

check ar clover menu a entry that say something like Install instal macOS sierra "Name of your disk#

and selct and press return or doble click on it. andinstallation goes on!.

I successfully moved to Sierra last night using Clover. Is it safe to rename the harddisk from "El Capitan" to "Macintosh HD" without breaking anything?

This is the top feed on the home page now. is that mean no new Unibeast and Multibeast?

We are in the final testing phase- stay tuned for UniBeast and MultiBeast for Sierra coming soon. ;)

I successfully updated to Sierra on my home rig (x99). A few issues with the sound but it was my mistake. I didn't use it much but I had no "panics" or reboots so far.

Now I'll test on my work rig (x79)... =)

Back