Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

BreBo

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 970
@livingJAZZ, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68Xp-UD3P
CPU
i5 3.5k
Graphics
GeForce 210
@livingJAZZ, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
@BreBo Yes Sorry!!! Now done! I hope that with the components that I have I can do an update from 10.8 to 10.12 (Sierra) without losing data?? Thanks Again

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
iMac
Hey Guys, i directly upgraded my Setup with this Thread and it worked great. I just had no Sound after the Upgrade. But this is not hard to fix.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z97-HD3 - BIOS ID:IM142.88Z.0118.B00.1309031249
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
5. When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating. Press spacebar to enter Boot Options and choose Without Caches option and/or Inject Kexts option then Boot Mac OS X with selected options.
Hi, im trying this but im stuck at "gIOsceenlockstate 3, hs 0, bs 0, sm 0x0" during installation process. So it wont finish of the installation. I have lilu and whatevergreen kext in my EFI, but booted macOS install without inject kext. Should i try to run installer with kext or do some one have any suggestions?

(i have El Capitan 10.11.2 running on a imac 14.2 sysdef.)

UPDATE:
I ran installation with inject kext and it installed fine.

Last edited: