Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
GTX 660TI
Hey guys, I tried this install upgrading from El Capitan 10.11.6

only put FakeSMC in the /other folder, and had newest clover installed

Tried without cache, with cache, boot with injected kext, boot with selected options, all of them just pause on a black screen with the apple logo (white). I don't even see a loading or progress bar.

When i boot from verbose I can't see the beginning of the log, it scrolls down and misses the important parts and I can't scroll back up again to look at them. How do I access these logs?
I'm looking in /var/logs but i don't see anything here

Thanks

Hi guys,

Just updated from El Capitan to Sierra using latest Clover. The update wouldn't go through unless nv_disable=1 was selected (otherwise screen would go "no signal" after proceeding with installation).

Sierra has installed ok, but again screen goes "no signal" after the Apple logo when using default settings. The only way I can get into the system is with nv_disable=1.

I've updated the Nvidia Drivers after installation but nothing has changed. Currently screen resolution and performance are extremely low, even hard to write this post :).

Any idea where to look for for a fix?

Many thanks :).

EDIT:

I think I fixed it by installing "Nvidia fix" from MultiBeast.

Attachments

Last edited:

ModBot

Super Moderator
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Hi guys,

Just updated from El Capitan to Sierra using latest Clover. The update wouldn't go through unless nv_disable=1 was selected (otherwise screen would go "no signal" after proceeding with installation).

Sierra has installed ok, but again screen goes "no signal" after the Apple logo when using default settings. The only way I can get into the system is with nv_disable=1.

I've updated the Nvidia Drivers after installation but nothing has changed. Currently screen resolution and performance are extremely low, even hard to write this post :).

Any idea where to look for for a fix?

Many thanks :).

EDIT:

I think I fixed it by installing "Nvidia fix" from MultiBeast.
Not a help thread. Please post your request for help in the Sierra Desktop Support forum section.

Motherboard
Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170X Ultra Gaming
CPU
INTEL CORE I7-6700K
Graphics
GIGABYTE GTX1080TI 11GB
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Is this the proper upgrade method for going from Sierra to HIgh Sierra as well? I’m trying to find the best way to do so.

Thanks.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Established Clover users on OS X El Capitan who wish to update directly to macOS Sierra can do so just like a regular Mac would. This fully native method requires no USB creation or preparation.​

I've just updated my Gigabyte Barebone directly from Yosemite to Sierra using the guide in the first post without any problem.
Thanks a lot!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Intel Z170 ATX DDR4 GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz
Graphics
XFX RADEON Double D R9 280X 1000MHz BOOST Ready 3GB DDR5 2XmDP HDMI 2XDVI Graphics Cards
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
So, I tried to venture out to do the upgrade (from El Cap to Sierra). It started the install. However, when it rebooted all I see now is the clover boot loader with no system drive to boot from at all. I am not sure what I did wrong here. But, there are no options to “boot from Mac OS” or previous os or anything. Only boot options menu, options, restart and exit (oh and a shell option). Is there anything I can do to get this back at all?

I tried putting in a Sierra USB drive to boot up and see if there was something diskutils would show me but it didn’t even have my boot drive on there at all. Only thing I could see were my other data drives, etc. There was one drive that was 500gb that I “think” may have been the original El Cap system drive but I am not sure. It says it is unformatted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (I knew I should not have attempted this upgrade after having a steady El Capitan system for so long....ugh.....). Thanks!

Motherboard
Asus H370 strix f gaming
CPU
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mobile Phone
Android
Just updated form El Capitan to Sierra, following the instructions
I have changed the definition to iMac 14.2 and it went smooth
Thanx to everybody who explain and write all the details!

Motherboard
GA-EP45-UD3P
CPU
Core 2 Quad 3.6 GHz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 960 SSC
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Confirmed!!!

I finally upgrade from Yosemite 10.10.5 to Sierra 10.12.6 on my Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Core 2 Quad old build

Then i'll just update Clover, copy kext files to 10.12 and Other folders.

I have to download NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext to FIX the nvidia webdriver blackscreen issue and done!!

Thanks for all your help tonymacX86

Greetings from Mexico City!!
Captura de pantalla 2018-06-24 a la(s) 06.04.59.png