Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel 1VG5R
CPU
i5-6300HQ
Graphics
HD 530
Hello,

I have a dell XPS 9550. Yesterday I've tried installing Mojave via a direct update downloaded from the appstore (High Sierra > Mojave).
I've downloaded the update and tried to install it via Clover bootloader. How the install went:

1. Select 'mac os install' in bootloader
2. does some loading and reboots
3. Select 'mac os install' again.
4. This time it loads with the apple logo and a countdown (20 min. or so).
5. Reboots.

I think the install went ok, but I cannot boot into the OS. Within clover i can select: filevault preboot - macos install - recovery.
Previously the system would ask my password the moment I've selected 'filevault preboot' or 'macos install' (also during the installation), but after the install completed it doesn't. When I select one of the two I will see the apple logo and that's it. No filevault password input possible. Somehow it doesn't utilize the GUI so I can input the password.
I can boot in recovery and unlock the SSD via the terminal so nothing is wrong with the SSD itself.

When I use -v, it shows something along the lines: 'failed to unwrap meta crypto state'. I've searched for documentation regarding this issue and tried the solutions which are offered for it, but failed. I honestly think this is a false positive, but I'm not sure ofcourse.

what it will say:

failed to unwrap meta crypto state
Start Loginwindow initialize

and then only shows the apple logo. Somehow the system is prevented in showing the actual login window -.-. I figured an direct update would be going smooth, but clearly it did not. Someone care to he help?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 96
Hello,

I have a dell XPS 9550. Yesterday I've tried installing Mojave via a direct update downloaded from the appstore (High Sierra > Mojave).
I've downloaded the update and tried to install it via Clover bootloader. How the install went:

1. Select 'mac os install' in bootloader
2. does some loading and reboots
3. Select 'mac os install' again.
4. This time it loads with the apple logo and a countdown (20 min. or so).
5. Reboots.

I think the install went ok, but I cannot boot into the OS. Within clover i can select: filevault preboot - macos install - recovery.
Previously the system would ask my password the moment I've selected 'filevault preboot' or 'macos install' (also during the installation), but after the install completed it doesn't. When I select one of the two I will see the apple logo and that's it. No filevault password input possible. Somehow it doesn't utilize the GUI so I can input the password.
I can boot in recovery and unlock the SSD via the terminal so nothing is wrong with the SSD itself.

When I use -v, it shows something along the lines: 'failed to unwrap meta crypto state'. I've searched for documentation regarding this issue and tried the solutions which are offered for it, but failed. I honestly think this is a false positive, but I'm not sure ofcourse.

what it will say:

failed to unwrap meta crypto state
Start Loginwindow initialize

and then only shows the apple logo. Somehow the system is prevented in showing the actual login window -.-. I figured an direct update would be going smooth, but clearly it did not. Someone care to he help?
make sure to update your clover version to the latest via sourceforge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back