Contribute
Register

Direct update from El Capitan to Sierra (AppStore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
> Need full CPU model name > See ForumRules!
Graphics
AMD > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
Hello !

I was wondering if someone has already tried to install the sierra beta from an ElCapitan Hackintosh through the AppStore update process (Without create a new install)

Is there any chance that could Work or not ?

Thanks

Hello !

I was wondering if someone has already tried to install the sierra beta from an ElCapitan Hackintosh through the AppStore update process (Without create a new install)

Is there any chance that could Work or not ?

Thanks

It crashes, at least it did when I tried it the last ten times (for testing, of course). I've tried it with all three beta versions and came close, I could recognize the flash of the next screen before the crash to black, or white if you got further. I also noticed my El Capitan began to act up at boot afterwards.

If you can't get the boot loader to work, or are having trouble making one I was able to get in by loading the Beta onto an external disk (formatted guid partitioned ssd), just select the correct drive at the prompt using the app as is. I then opened clover bootloader and installed on same drive which created a bootable drive, albeit fussy. Remember to add HFS +efi to Drivers64efi folder and check the kext folders 10.11, 10.12, other, and add FakeSMCkext, and NullCPUPowermangement.kext. if they're not already there.
If you use clover V3676 you will only need the HFS+efi @ drivers 64efi folder. If it hangs up try this when clover screen comes up. Just hit the space bar one time and scroll down to "without kexts and caches" and hit enter. There are others like safe mode, and verbose mode that will give you lots of hieroglyphics to cypher, and may also work to get you booted.

The best way is to stick with the fresh usb install on a newly partitioned disk, it's the most stable for reboot, and of course run multi beast once your in and don't forget to select at least iMac 14,2 or MacPro 4.1 or above. The default for multi beast is MPro 3.1 so if you don't pick anything it will default you out of eligibility for Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back