Contribute
Register

Direct clean install 10.14.4 on NUC8i7BEH with minimal tweaks [10.14.5 Success]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on installing the new beta of macOS Catalina? ^_^
I will not bother, not in a rush either -- even Clover seems not ready yet (support is being developed). I prefer to wait a few months like I did with Mojave. Hardware comes out before software support, and it's been the case for MacOS. On my old NUC, only after Sierra I was able to run vanilla...

hi I have the NUC8I7BEH with mojave 10.14.4 impossible to shutdown or restart it
I have the ballistic 2*16 go 2666mhz
can someone can send me your efi pls?
thanx for help

Chris

ah I forget I think its maybe the bios I have the 0071
is it possible to downgrade it?
I tried with 0056 but when I wanna downgrade it tell me bios incompatible
any ideas?
thanx

Hi @wargames as mentioned in my first post (not sure you went through it) to downgrade, Intel had sent me their guide that worked for me. Try this and perhaps contact Intel Support if you want BIOS v56.

Personally I did not upgrade, there are other threads here in this forum that can help you, see this post and subsequent messages.

@konsti Have you played around with M.2 adapter and installing Broadcom BCM94360CS2 Wi-Fi / Bluetooth card? I’m having troubles with properly getting the internal USB header (required for BT to work) working.

Have you played around with M.2 adapter and installing Broadcom BCM94360CS2 Wi-Fi / Bluetooth card? I’m having troubles with properly getting the internal USB header (required for BT to work) working.
Hi mate, no, I am not really interested in tweaking the NUC8 as I am more for the storage and the dual bays, so I have populated both M.2 slot and SSD, not using Wi-Fi at all and for BT need I have plugged a low-cost BT dongle that works OOB. In my first thread I mention that the USB dongle is a CSR v4.0 using the Qualcomm chipset CSR8510A10 that's natively supported in Mojave and High Sierra...

Hi konsti ,, Thanks for share

Will get my NUC8i7BEH1 next Monday, hardware config is:
  • i7-8559U / 655
  • Micron Crucial DDR4-2666 16G x 2
  • UMAX M800 1TB NVMe SSD (R3400M/W3000M, only $130)
I am not sure UMAX NVMe SSD are supported,,
If not, I will replace with a normal SATA SSD to install macOS and use M800 as backup disk.
However NVMe is much faster then SATA one, Hope I am lucky enough.

My question is: May I just follow your steps but direct use 10.14.5 installer?
ie: I can't download 10.14.4 any place (All link are broken now).

Last edited:
My question is: May I just follow your steps but direct use 10.14.5 installer?
i.e. I can't download 10.14.4 any place (All link are broken now).
Normally as 10.14.5 update worked smoothly, I would expect the USB installer to equally work fine. Yes indeed, after a new version hits the Mac App Store, you can't find a previous one. But I have confidence that a clean 10.14.5 installer with my instructions should work fine. Please report your findings, we're eager to know. Thanks!

Hi @wargames as mentioned in my first post (not sure you went through it) to downgrade, Intel had sent me their guide that worked for me. Try this and perhaps contact Intel Support if you want BIOS v56.

Personally I did not upgrade, there are other threads here in this forum that can help you, see this post and subsequent messages.
hi thank for respond I find the solution with my actual bios 0071
I update clover with the new beta version all is fine and works great
Thunderbolt too!!!with my Uad!!!

I have an another little problem maybe you can help me
I bought DDR4 2666mhz 32 go ballistix I don't find in bios
always at 2400 mhz instead of 2666

thank :)

I bought DDR4 2666mhz 32 go ballistix I don't find in bios
always at 2400 mhz instead of 2666

The chipset is 2400Mhz, so 2666 RAM work at 2400 is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back