Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5BEH
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
MacBook Air
You don't need to flash 0056 bios - 0071 bios works with the RTC DSDT patch on the main NUC thread...

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH-71
CPU
i7
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
The main NUC thread has 87 pages, can you give me the exact article?

Motherboard
nuc8
CPU
i7
Graphics
integrated
Update 5/27 - I was able to get the EVO 970 Plus working by updating the firmware to the latest

Did the initial install successfully with audio.

- Not able to get USB-C working on display yet, have a 4K display and need that to get the 60Hz refresh rate.

@konsti I notice the AML files are compiled. Is there instruction somewhere that I can follow to compile the AML files? Thanks in advance. :)

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
You don't need to flash 0056 bios - 0071 bios works with the RTC DSDT patch on the main NUC thread...
Could you elaborate on that. I'm a noob! My bios is 0071 and have been unable to revert. My Installer seems to boot, but quickly hangs. I made a post here
How can I learn about "RTC DSDT patch". Which is the main NUC thread?

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
Mac mini
Could you elaborate on that. I'm a noob! My bios is 0071 and have been unable to revert. My Installer seems to boot, but quickly hangs. I made a post here
How can I learn about "RTC DSDT patch". Which is the main NUC thread?
OK.. Post Post #740. I'm apologizing already!
I guess that is here

Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH2
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
UPDATE 31 May 2019
Updated without issues to:
- Clover v4934
- Lilu v1.3.6 Release
- AppleALC v1.3.8 Release
- WhateverGreen v1.2.9 Release
(I keep BIOS still at v56)

NOTE: Seems the owners of Samsung 970 EVO Plus can rejoice, as the newly-released firmware from Samsung solves boot problems as reported in other threads here!

NOTE: I was able to finally enable the countdown timer on Clover boot screen by just adding the DefaultVolume name (the boot disk's name) thanks to this post here by @BreBo. However, the solution proposed here to change Clover's options to boot.efi as default loader, did not yield results.

@yenhsiao The reason I provided the decompiled DSL files is for studying really. This thread wasn't initially supposed to provide a setup guide. You can easily compile the DSL files by downloading iasl on RehabMan's repository here. Then, once installed, you can run command in Terminal.app like e.g. iasl SSDT-SATA.dsl and it should compile just fine.

A very humble request, please kindly try to restrict off-topic posts so that the thread isn't flooded and getting too long (and then you complain it's many pages to dig into :D ) There are also PMs for those needing specific answers from users ;)

Motherboard
Asus Strix Z370-I
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
GTX1080ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@konsti could you please provide your EFI folder and L/E/ folder? I followed your guide, but I still don't know how to compile .dsl into .aml :(, and then where to put these .aml files? If you provide your EFI and L/E/ folder, we should be able to copy all that to ours and it should work since we have identical hardware?

btw, Thanks for an awesome awesome tutorial here. I learned a lot.

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH2
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi everyone, @parthusa92 I have no issue sharing my EFI but I have tweaked it further and trying out some stuff that I do not want to share, as I don't want to cause others a headache. But the first post's notes are clear, I feel, and EFI contents are rather straightforward.

I chose to consciously use /Library/Extensions/ to install any updated kexts as I don't want to mess with EFI more and keep mounting/unmounting it too much. Handling kext updates seems easier in /L/E/ but others may disagree. One thing is for sure, that since last OS, we don't need to bother with placing kexts in /S/L/E/ now.

You need the following then:
  • BIOS v56 in our case; set the BIOS settings advised in first post (text attachment);
  • Latest official stable Clover v4934 installed with 64-bit drivers per my original post;
  • Install Mojave 10.14.4 or later;
  • Version 4 of config.plist, adding perhaps more model details using Clover Configurator's SMBIOS generator;
  • The two basic files in Clover's kext/other folder, FakeSMC (plain kext) and IntelMausiEthernet (in case ever need to load recovery tool).
In mounted /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ currently the 4 compiled AMLs:
  • SSDT-HDEF.aml so that audio ID is set; this could be also done inside Clover's config;
  • SSDT-LPCB.aml so that a compatible LPC device is vanilla-recognized in IORegistryExplorer (optional)
  • SSDT-SATA.aml so that a compatible SATA interface is vanilla-recognized in IORegistryExplorer (optional)
  • SSDT-XOSI.aml so that a better USBx compatibility is set to the system from ACPI/DSDT of BIOS (still have to test it somehow that it does have a positive impact, I have no real knowledge).
In /Library/Extensions/ currently you may only need:
  • Lilu (Release) (the main kext that allows others to be used);
  • WhateverGreen (Release);
  • AppleALC (Release);
  • FakeSMC and plugins (CPU, ACPI, HWMonitor.app) but fans are not recognized;
  • IntelMausiEthernet (Release);
  • FakePCIID.kext (Release) with needed FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
Do you have these, mate?

Also, for you and @yenhsiao I uploaded the compiled AML files in my first post. But I do suggest that you all study and understand the DSL files, and learn how to compile by yourself in Terminal.app...

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Strix Z370-I
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
GTX1080ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi everyone, @parthusa92 I have no issue sharing my EFI but I have tweaked it further and trying out some stuff that I do not want to share, as I don't want to cause others a headache. But the first post's notes are clear, I feel, and EFI contents are rather straightforward.

I chose to consciously use /Library/Extensions to install any updated kexts as I don't want to mess with EFI more and keep mounting/unmounting it too much. Handling kext updates seems easier in /L/E/ but others may disagree.

You need the following then:
  • BIOS v56 in our case; set the BIOS settings advised in first post (text attachment);
  • Latest official stable Clover v4934 installed with 64-bit drivers per my original post;
  • Install Mojave 10.14.4 or later;
  • Version 4 of config.plist, adding perhaps more model details using Clover Configurator's SMBIOS generator;
In mounted /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ currently the 4 compiled AMLs:
  • SSDT-HDEF.aml so that audio ID is set; this could be also done inside Clover's config;
  • SSDT-LPCB.aml so that a compatible LPC device is vanilla-recognized in IORegistryExplorer (optional)
  • SSDT-SATA.aml so that a compatible SATA interface is vanilla-recognized in IORegistryExplorer (optional)
  • SSDT-XOSI.aml so that a better USBx compatibility is set to the system from ACPI/DSDT of BIOS (still have to test it somehow that it does have a positive impact, I have no real knowledge).
In /Library/Extensions/ currently you may only need:
  • Lilu (Release) (the main kext that allows others to be used);
  • WhateverGreen (Release);
  • AppleALC (Release);
  • FakeSMC and plugins (CPU, ACPI, HWMonitor.app) but fans are not recognized;
  • IntelMausiEthernet (Release);
  • FakePCIID.kext (Release) with needed FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
Do you have these, mate?

Also, for you and @yenhsiao I uploaded the compiled AML files in my first post. But I do suggest that you all study and understand the DSL files, and learn how to compile by yourself in Terminal.app...
Thank you very very much ^__^ These are excellent instructions. You should edit the original post with these towards the end for others who stumble upon your article :)

Any thoughts on installing the new beta of macOS Catalina? ^_^