- Aug 1, 2011
- Intel NUC8i5BEH
- Iris Plus 655
You don't need to flash 0056 bios - 0071 bios works with the RTC DSDT patch on the main NUC thread...
Could you elaborate on that. I'm a noob! My bios is 0071 and have been unable to revert. My Installer seems to boot, but quickly hangs. I made a post hereYou don't need to flash 0056 bios - 0071 bios works with the RTC DSDT patch on the main NUC thread...
OK.. Post Post #740. I'm apologizing already!Could you elaborate on that. I'm a noob! My bios is 0071 and have been unable to revert. My Installer seems to boot, but quickly hangs. I made a post here
How can I learn about "RTC DSDT patch". Which is the main NUC thread?32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB SATA SSD BIOS version 0071 - Attempts to downgrade the BIOS have failed (at one point, I almost thought I bricked it!) I have the Mojave 10.14.5 OS installer, though I don't think it ever gets to the point of running that. Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Mini PC/HTPC With All New Parts...www.tonymacx86.com
Thank you very very much ^__^ These are excellent instructions. You should edit the original post with these towards the end for others who stumble upon your articleHi everyone, @parthusa92 I have no issue sharing my EFI but I have tweaked it further and trying out some stuff that I do not want to share, as I don't want to cause others a headache. But the first post's notes are clear, I feel, and EFI contents are rather straightforward.
I chose to consciously use /Library/Extensions to install any updated kexts as I don't want to mess with EFI more and keep mounting/unmounting it too much. Handling kext updates seems easier in /L/E/ but others may disagree.
You need the following then:
In mounted /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ currently the 4 compiled AMLs:
- BIOS v56 in our case; set the BIOS settings advised in first post (text attachment);
- Latest official stable Clover v4934 installed with 64-bit drivers per my original post;
- Install Mojave 10.14.4 or later;
- Version 4 of config.plist, adding perhaps more model details using Clover Configurator's SMBIOS generator;
In /Library/Extensions/ currently you may only need:
- SSDT-HDEF.aml so that audio ID is set; this could be also done inside Clover's config;
- SSDT-LPCB.aml so that a compatible LPC device is vanilla-recognized in IORegistryExplorer (optional)
- SSDT-SATA.aml so that a compatible SATA interface is vanilla-recognized in IORegistryExplorer (optional)
- SSDT-XOSI.aml so that a better USBx compatibility is set to the system from ACPI/DSDT of BIOS (still have to test it somehow that it does have a positive impact, I have no real knowledge).
Do you have these, mate?
- Lilu (Release) (the main kext that allows others to be used);
- WhateverGreen (Release);
- AppleALC (Release);
- FakeSMC and plugins (CPU, ACPI, HWMonitor.app) but fans are not recognized;
- IntelMausiEthernet (Release);
- FakePCIID.kext (Release) with needed FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
Also, for you and @yenhsiao I uploaded the compiled AML files in my first post. But I do suggest that you all study and understand the DSL files, and learn how to compile by yourself in Terminal.app...