Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99 UD4
CPU
i7 5820k
Graphics
NVidia gtx 970
Hi All

I recently built a hackintosh. so far most of the hardwares works well except my logitech z5500 is not able to pick up dolby and DTS signals.

all audio is played back with Stereo, and the volume is really loud. I have to volume down to 1 bar only on z5500.

I have done some research some people with similar problem said it's related to the hdmi on video card. but the guides I found are all about how to enable hdmi on video card.

Any help?

my build:

intel i72600k
Gigabyte GA Z68MX ud2h b3
Nvidia 550Ti

using multi beast 4.1 on lion Unibeast clean install. ticked audio acl8xxhda kext and apple hda rollback.

sound is linked by Toslink optical cable to logitech z5500.

alexlj said:
Hi All

I recently built a hackintosh. so far most of the hardwares works well except my logitech z5500 is not able to pick up dolby and DTS signals.

sound is linked by Toslink optical cable to logitech z5500.
Try this:
1. Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup
2. Audio Devices: Select "Built-in Digital Output"
3. Format: Select "Encoded Digital Audio"

l_hd3000_audiomidi-encoded.png

Attachments

• l_hd3000_audiomidi-encoded.png
    l_hd3000_audiomidi-encoded.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 567
thanks, but I don't have that option at the drop-down list.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-16 at 8.45.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-16 at 8.45.38 AM.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 389
thanks. Guess just have to use my windows pc to play the movies.

With DTS to AC3, you can convert MTS files into other popular video formats like AVI, MP4, MPG, WMV, FLV, MP3, WAV and etc. in order to play on iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, Zune, PSP, PS3, Creative Zen, Archos, and other Video players and audio players. :headbang: :lol:

toleda said:
alexlj said:
thanks, but I don't have that option at the drop-down list.
I'm guessing you have the 892 audio codec. The binary patch to enable the 892 does not support encoded digital audio. Your alternatives are analog 5.1 with Audio MIDI Setup http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=848 or HDMI audio.

Hi Toleda, i am using your audio kext and one of your DSDTs (for the p8h67-i with hdmi sound over the hd3000).

I could have wrote inside the Audio Kext thread but I seem here is better because of the thread-title and the problem I have:

Sound is working but not always..
AC3 passthrough is possible, but dts passthrough not

1. ac3 working:
First it took me some time to recognize that my TV was just sending a PCM-Signal to my Amplifier. (TV is connected via HDMI cable and the TV via optical cable to the amplifier) But when i switched the SPDIF Output format to "Dolby Digital" (in the tv-settings) I could here the sound in full 5.1 quality (not just the DD PL II, what my amplifier made of the PCM signal)
2. dts not working:
When I'm trying to watch a movie with a dts audio - the audio breaks (stopps) and nothing get's through.
The issue is that the HDMI is not able to passthrough a dts-signal. (that's what I guess)

Trying the direct connection with an optical cable and audio out with the digital output shows that both (dts and ac3) passthroughs are working.

I noticed in the "Audio-Midi-Setup" that i only can choose between three formats concerning the frequency - beside the 3 on the right describing the channels and the bitrate (2ch-24bit Integer): 32, 44.1 and 48kHz
But for dts we need 96kHz (or not? i believe i've read it somewhere but if I'm wrong... then please someone may explain it to me).

DTS audio is working with the optical cable maybe because this option is available for the Digital-Output. There i can choose: 32, 44.1 , 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz

(I always had it on 48 kHz - but the dts audio worked with the optical cable but not with the hdmi cable - maybe it just needs the possibility and automatically changes it)

So is there a possibility to edit the kext? change some values? to add those two extra entries to the HDMI audio format entry? (or am i totally wrong..? and it has nothing to do with it)

Thanks..

MadMacs said:
Sound is working but not always..
AC3 passthrough is possible, but dts passthrough not
The best connection is computer>HDMI>Receiver>HDMI>TV.

Regarding you current setup, it is likely the TV can't pass through DTS (licensing issues)

The format settings for Digital Audio/Optical in Audio MIDI Setup have no effect when encoded audio (DD & DTS) is playing. The apply only to stereo. No need to edit kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back