Contribute
Register

Digital Interference Noise - Any Ideas How To Solve This!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7
CPU
i7 2600k, 3.40 GHz
Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. iMac
Let me preface the below video clip link by writing that the noise you hear when the video starts is already the noise I am currently troubleshooting.

Also, in the video I refer to the computer as my PC but it's most definitely a Hackintosh ;-)

A little bit of backstory first: I use this Hack as my music production computer and am very happy with it - however, the noise I am experiencing seems to only come when I have audio equipment connected with my midi interface which is connected to my Hack via USB 3.

I have tried different MIDI cables and audio cables and different wall sockets.

I would be VERY grateful if you could watch the whole video before commenting as I am really very serious about trying to solve this so the more info you have the better. Thank you for your time and help!

Here's the video:

That's coil whine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Thanks for your reply. How do I eliminate this? :| I have read that the power supply could be the cause but my power supply is powerful enough to run my system. If you were in my shoes what would your first two moves be? Thanks!

1.Try another midi interface to see if is the midi or the computer

2.Try your midi in other computer

You can try also to create a new wire cutted in two, one for the power supply and the other for data. Search solutions on youtube.

1.Try another midi interface to see if is the midi or the computer

2.Try your midi in other computer

You can try also to create a new wire cutted in two, one for the power supply and the other for data. Search solutions on youtube.
Did you spot a wire before? I have not experience with this Can you link a video?. The USB interface I have is BUS powered which may be the problem...
Screenshot 2022-10-16 at 20.58.22.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back