Graphics
Sapphire Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I have had Lion 10.7.4 running up and smooth with all my programs just fine flawlessly with my Focusrite 2i2 USB interface (i don't use built in motherboard audio) and after installing Parallels yesterday, I tried to load Garage band, and it would just bounce in the dock and would never show up. After rebooting, I noticed it kernel panicked under IOUSBfamily, as well as FocusriteUSBAudio kext, and then after trying to fix it by deleting that kext, different ones caused system hangs, I've attached them below, including USBF - bus 0 already taken, and hanging on the firewire OHCI Vendor ID max speed s400. I don't use firewire at all, why would it hang, the only way to get my system up and running now is to unplug my audio interface, delete that kext and run system utilities on MB and select IOUSBFamily Rollback, but i have no sound . What in the world could cause that? it was working fine, is parallels known to do something to audio (Also installed Avid Media Composer) but i deleted it too. I have no sound, and I'm a recording engineer, it's important that i get this back up and running fast :(

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• _MG_4630.jpg
    _MG_4630.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 889
okay guys so it turned out to be a bad hard drive, but I recovered everything off it, and it is still hanging on the Firewire OHCI ..- Max Speed s400 line.

How do I fix that? I don't use firewire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back