Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm following Alfa's Gigabyte UP5-TH guide, and I had a question about the system definitions - what's the difference in choosing them? I originally tried MacPro 5,1, but received kernel panics. Leaving the definitions alone gave me MacPro 3,1, but the guide says to use iMac 12,1. (Why not 13,1?) I have a Power Mac G5 modded case so I feel like I should use the Mac Pro definition, but I'm unsure. Someone wanna help me figure this out?

I'm following Alfa's Gigabyte UP5-TH guide, and I had a question about the system definitions - what's the difference in choosing them? I originally tried MacPro 5,1, but received kernel panics. Leaving the definitions alone gave me MacPro 3,1, but the guide says to use iMac 12,1. (Why not 13,1?) I have a Power Mac G5 modded case so I feel like I should use the Mac Pro definition, but I'm unsure. Someone wanna help me figure this out?

The difference is mainly the date they were built and the hardware they have inside. If you are really interested you can go to http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_pro/index-macpro.html and look at all of the systems Apple has.

Use the definition that most closely matches your hardware for best success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back