Contribute
Register

Difference between tonymac and sourceforge clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

Just saw the new version on the homepage and I'm trying to find information on the differences between the Clover from sourceforge and the new standalone installer found here.

I've always been updating clover with the sourceforge installer in the past, and I'm wondering what's different with this one, should I switch, etc.?

Thanks!

Just saw the new version on the homepage and I'm trying to find information on the differences between the Clover from sourceforge and the new standalone installer found here.
Look at the download pages - They tell you.

I've always been updating clover with the sourceforge installer in the past, and I'm wondering what's different with this one, should I switch, etc.?
Your choice.

Look at the download pages - They tell you.

You mean this?
"Includes CustoMac default config.plist ..."

So, if one already has their config.plist functional, there is no reason to upgrade clover with this installer instead of sourceforge one?

So, if one already has their config.plist functional, there is no reason to upgrade clover with this installer instead of sourceforge one?
Obviously.
The Clover Builds are intended as an alternative to those included in MultiBeast and can be updated much faster than rewriting MultiBeast. If you already have a config.plist and all you want to do is update then the source forge method is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back