Motherboard
ASRock Z390 Extreme4
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This problem is driving me nuts. I'm curious as to what is loaded by iBoot CD (legacy) and the HDD after Snow 10.6.3 is installed.

I've installed from retail with no problems on a Toshiba Equium P300 16T, however if I boot using the iBoot CD, I have Audio, the trackpad and keyboard work fine, the graphics show up in profiler as GMA3100X (I think it's X anyway) and displays at it's full 1400x900 resolution and the Wifi works a treat (after I eventually got the correct driver for it). Now when I boot up directly from the HDD, I have no audio device, no trackpad (not even listed in Prefs), no keyboard, the wifi utility won't work and the Graphics shows up as GPU built in and says no kext loaded and has a resolution of 1024x768 (not changeable).

I have tried graphicsenabler on yes and no, tried installing the voodoo ps2 kext in multibeast. I'm pretty sure it's down to kexts not loading but for the life of me I can't figure out why when they load fine when using iBoot. Anyone have any clues?

Well, iBoot or iBoot Legacy is a collection of bootloader and kexts that are meant to get things working well enough for you to install OS X update and run MultiBeast.

I am going to guess you ran MultiBeast with EasyBeast and no DSDT. correct? I will say that if it works with iBoot you should be able to find kexts (usually in MultiBeast) that will enable the same functionality.

So, you would need to patch audio, iBoot uses VoodooHDA, you will need to try the different versions in order to figure out which works best.

The KB is another issue....I don't know what drivers it would require, but you could try installing IOUSBRollback and see if that makes any difference. You could hook up a USB KB/mouse temporarily so you can dispense with iBoot if that makes it easier to work on the laptop.

You should realize that even different laptops with the same model number may have different innards, hence some experimentation will be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back