Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Tried to install multibeast 3.9.1 on my iMac 10.6.6 to get to lion (kept saying ot wasnt supported...) now my computer is stuck on white boot screen with apple logo asking me to restart. tried safe mode, but login is locked, mouse moves, cant click or type.. cant fins the installation disk anywhere! need this sorted asap as its being sold on thursday. I know, i know, i screwed up, hopefully someone can help!

Have you tried inserting the installation disc that came with the machine, holding down the "c" button on the keyboard, and booting from the DVD/CD? If not, try it, wipe your computer, and reinstall the operating system.

Then don't just randomly try using tools without understanding what they do, how they might work, or what you're actually trying to accomplish.

This is the kind of thing that puts the hackintosh community at risk, because it potentially costs Apple in terms of customer service, brand confusion, and notions regarding how well their products work.

Good luck.

I see you can't find your installation disc.

Guess it's time to try to find a friend with an installation disc, or atone for your sins and go out and buy a retail Snow Leopard disc for $30. I imagine whoever is buying the computer from you will want/need an installation disc anyway.

Considering all the high end stuff in your profile, I think you can afford to pay the piper.

Final thought: You might be able to boot your iMac into firewire target disc mode. Hook it up to your Macbook via firewire cable, and then go in, remove whatever kexts you installed with multibeast (I sure hope you know what you installed), replace those kexts that multibeast replaces (again, it's gonna take some research to figure this out, I don't know it), run multibeast system utilities-- AIMED AT YOUR IMAC (don't go killing your Macbook). And cross your fingers, and hope the iMac will boot afterward.

Other more radical things include installing SL from firewire target disc mode via your Macbook, or removing the HDD from your iMac putting it into an external drive, and installing SL on it via your Macbook, etc. Of course, most of these rely on your having a retail copy of SL, or your iMac installation discs.

Im just going to wipe it and buy a disk. but first, how to get the safe boot screen to unlock? i canove the mouse thats it. I cant type or click login?
Thanks for replying, SO i.just use disk utility to erase the hd, buy a new disk and fresh install? do i buy.leopard or lion??
Any idea what ive actually done?

jessdes2006 said:
Im just going to wipe it and buy a disk. but first, how to get the safe boot screen to unlock? i canove the mouse thats it. I cant type or click login?
Thanks for replying, SO i.just use disk utility to erase the hd, buy a new disk and fresh install? do i buy.leopard or lion??

I cannot answer all these questions, sorry.

You installed a helicopter rotors on an airplane. Now it won't fly until you take 'em off.

I'm assuming you should buy Snow Leopard (not Lion or Leopard). But only you know what your computer supports.

A last suggestion: You sound like you barely understand computers/your computer, notably when you don't even know what operating system you have/support. To avoid problems in the future, either take the time to understand how your computer works, and what it supports-- or do what majority of people do (though not the folks on here), and let someone who does know what she's doing install/update/fix your machine. There's not shame in that, seriously. Some people know how to tinker with computers (hardware or software), some people know how to take apart and fix their car, and some people know how to do the electrical/plumbing in their home. But nobody does everything. I can fix my computer, but I can't do my plumbing-- and I wouldn't just take a welder to my pipes if I decided to add a new faucet to my system.

jessdes2006 said:

Before you dig yourself a bigger hole, find out what your iMac specs are. If your iMac is a PPC version, you can't install Snow Leopard or Lion- the highest you can go is OS X Leopard which we don't support here.

Go to Apple's website and find out what the minimum requirements are to install OS X Lion or OS X Snow Leopard and compare that to your iMac.

And please, don't use the tools here on a real Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back