Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Did I mess up by not checking my hardware....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
CPU
Ryzen 5 2600x
Graphics
GTX 780
Hey! I'm planning on building a hackintosh but then I realised that my processor doesn't have an integrated graphics card. I have a rtx 3060 and a ryzen 5 2600x. Am I just completely screwed?

Hey! I'm planning on building a hackintosh but then I realised that my processor doesn't have an integrated graphics card. I have a rtx 3060 and a ryzen 5 2600x. Am I just completely screwed?
yes

Am I just completely screwed?
Many AMD cards are available you could use to run macOS Monterey. Prices have come down a lot lately. Even a very respectable RX6600 costs less than your 3060 does. About $260 on Amazon today. A year ago, they sold for 620 USD !

Screen Shot 13.jpg

$250 for a 3 fan Gigabyte Eagle 8G card is the best deal I've seen.

Last edited:
Many AMD cards are available you could use to run macOS Monterey. Prices have come down a lot lately. Even a very respectable RX6600 costs less than your 3060 does. About $260 on Amazon today. A year ago, they sold for 620 USD !

View attachment 554958

$250 for a 3 fan Gigabyte Eagle 8G card is the best deal I've seen.

The thought of parting with my 3060 makes me a bit sad but this definitely seems like a good option! Maybe a cpu with integrated graphics could work, but that might be worse price to perfomance than just outright buying an amd card.

The thought of parting with my 3060 makes me a bit sad but this definitely seems like a good option! Maybe a cpu with integrated graphics could work, but that might be worse price to perfomance than just outright buying an amd card.
if you went the CPU route, then you would need an I series Intel, (along with supported motherboard :) )

if you went the CPU route, then you would need an I series Intel, (along with supported motherboard :) )
Seems like a hassle :)!
Actually I just remembered that i have a gtx 780. That would work with big sur right?

Last edited:
Yes, the Nvidia GTX 780 will work with macOS up to and including Big Sur.

Compared to your RTX 3060 and any recent AMD 5000 or 6000 series dGPU, it is going to feel sluggish and not anywhere near as responsive as you are used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back