Contribute
Register

Did I just Brick my motherboard? Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can anyone help me with this situation please:

After attempting to install Lion, my machine does not power on (no sign of life not even a beep). Could my mobo have gone brick during installation?

I used unibeast-all-in-one guidelines (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html):

Software: Lion .app installation package from Apple Store + Unibeast all-in-one process
Hardware: Asus P7P55D-E, i870, ATI 5570, 4GB RAM, WD Black Caviar, Coolmaster 800W PSU, Lian Li PC-10B Case

The long version:

The installation went all well until I reached "Create Account" section of Lion setup. In that point the installation process went in a loop: keep asking me to setup new accounts. I could not come out of the loop. I could not switch off the machine with the power on/off switch. So I used PSU switch to shut down the machine. After that I can not power on the machine. The PSU look fine, no sign of damage. The LED on motherboard turns green. But the power switch on Lian Li case does not show any sign of contact / electricity behind it. Nothing happens.

What went wrong? Please help.

Much appreciated!

i doubt you bricked a mobo, you might try pulling the cmos battery though and give it a couple min and put it back in. It should clear the bios settings which you would have to set back up.

Double check all your connections on the board as well etc. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back