Contribute
Register

Did hackintoshing lead you to buy from Apple again?

Did hackintoshing lead you to buy an Apple product?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Just got myself a new MacBook Air 11 :p

AppleMacBookAir.jpg

... but it was partly because of the 33% special discount from my ISP (for renewing my broadband contract) :lol:

I'm going to upgrade my 2006 Macbook to something new. 13" Macbook Pro or 13" Macbook Air. Haven't decided which. Waiting to see what the new Mac Pro's are going to entail. Kinda waiting to see what Ipad2 is going to do also

When I built mine, I decided to go with the Apple keyboard and magic mouse to complete the experience. :)

Because of the money I saved building a hackintosh instead of buying the more expensive and less powered iMAC or MBP, I am now able to use the money I saved and get a maxed out MacBook 13" Air. For the same money, I could've got the MBP 15" i7, but now I got a beast at home to do the heavy lifting, and a ultra portable laptop for travel and my trip to Starbucks.

So, definitely a YES from me. :thumbup:

Loving it!

citomacx86 said:
iDon't said:
For me it's the other way: Apple products lead me to build a Hackintosh, again and again.
Computer wise - same here. I own an ibook, Core2duo Mini, Macbook-Black, iMac(2009) iPod/s, iPad. However today's Apple PC lineup has lead me to build my Hackintosh.

I enjoy tinkering! Being able to build and setup my own custom Corei5Mac is great. ihack from this day forward :thumbup:

Same Here. I started with a Late 2007 Macbook and wanted a machine with more horsepower and wanted to keep my Aperture Library I had started on my Macbook so I built my Hackintosh.

Of course yes...first of all, i only read around some Forums how to install OSX on normal PC's, then i bought an OSX Retail DVD straight from Apple and after i'm building my Hackintosh last Dec. and running OSX on it, i was so surprised and thrilled, i bought an Apple Keyboard, then an MacBook Pro Core i7 Mid. 2010 and an Apple Magic Mouse :headbang:

iDon't said:
For me it's the other way: Apple products lead me to build a Hackintosh, again and again.

I Know I am digging up an old post but my feels exactly.

I own an IPhone 2G, and IPod, A difunt IMac G5, A Mac G5, a iBook G4, SL 1.6.0, multiple keyboards, mouses.

Now, I am in love with Hackintosh, once it works full, I will be in heaven.

Why? I love Mac OSX, I hate paying for great design but second rate hardware for double the money.

I have a macbook from 2006 that works fine. Getting a little slow but understandable for being 5 years old. I want to upgrade and am waiting to see if the new Macbook Pro's (hopefully announcing Q1) will wow me any. Still debating between a 13" Pro and the 13" Air

Being almost 45 years old, I began using real ones in 1986, with a Macintosh Plus w/external 800K floppy disk.
Then, I kept buying Apple stuff since 2004 and my last Mac was a G5 2Ghz DP that broke down in 2009.
I was literally forced to trash some Macs, such as Macintosh II, Quadra 700, PowerMac 8500/132, Performa 6400/200 and G3 450 although they were still rock solid, to make room in my office :lol:
Now I have 2 G4, 1,4Ghz and 1,25DP that are still functional but too weak to endure long and intense hard disk recording sessions and/or audio editing.

Thus, due to the fact I can't afford a new Mac Pro, neither to work nor for my hobbies, I thought to experiment this alternative way.

I'm too new at hackintoshing but if things remain this way - thanks also to great people like tonymacx86, MacMan and Lnx2Mac - I won't buy real macs anymore. ;)

Yes My Apple Macbook Pro 13":

2010 Macbook Pro 13"
CPU 2.5 GHZ Core2Duo
Ram 8GB DDR3 1333MHZ
HD1: OWC SSD 120GB
HD2: Samsung 1TB 2.5mm Laptop HD
DVD: (Removed for 2nd HD)
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 240

It does a good job at helping me with my web design work when I'm not in the lab on my i5. This thing kicks my NC10 project out of the water and cant be matched on battery life.

In some ways yes: I have an apple keyboard and magic trackpad (I LOVE the trackpad), and I am thinking about getting an apple tv unit. Of course I have retail copies of osx10.6 and ilife. Once apple supports 1155 I may make a new build and get a 27'' cinema display. In stark contrast to apples otherwise overpriced lineup, the display is actually quite a good deal. Compare it to other monitors of the same resolution. It is made of better materials, looks better, and costs less.

In some ways absolutely not ever again: It seems the "apple tax" gets steeper and steeper all the time. The new air is such a rip I can't believe anyone buys them when laptops like the Asus U36JC are available: better in nearly every way (except flash storage) by a huge margin, for $600 less. Apples mobile products are locked down, which is extremely irritating to me. If I am paying the premium for an ipod, ipad, or iphone, I should not have to hack it to bits to get it to do what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back