Contribute
Register

Did hackintoshing lead you to buy from Apple again?

Did hackintoshing lead you to buy an Apple product?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Did hackintoshing lead you to buy an Apple product? If so, then post your experience, and other things to do with your decision!

Tom

Fullsize Apple Keyboard ;)

Already had purchased SL Family pack, and have it installed on 4 computers including the hack.

I need a new iPod one of these days...

For me it's the other way: Apple products lead me to build a Hackintosh, again and again.

I'm liking apple more and more every time I login to snow leopard. I have an ipad and am probably going to get an ipod touch...

I have used an iMacG5, first Intel Mac Mini, first Mac Pro and now Im using an iMac24" and an mac mini running 10.5 server (want one more :D )
First now, Im looking at the hacmac for the first time, I want some more, but the new mac pros are too expencive and the new iMacs, well....

Did I mention I alsa use an iPhone4?

:)

I said 'no', because I already was buying Apple products... used/upgraded hardware and older software. My current rig is the first new computer I've bought since 1995!

But with a Hackintosh that is actually up-to-date, I am buying updated software and more modern hardware. I plan to buy the new iTouch, after figuring out if will work with my rig (the search got me to this page).

The Hackintosh also has got be me buying Windows stuff as well, mostly games.

I guess it won't technically LEAD me to buying Apple stuff, but I have bought it for awhile, and I will continue to. Just like the Mac mini I just bought to use as an HTPC. You couldn't build a hack that sleek and small, and have 0 problems with it. :D

iDon't said:
For me it's the other way: Apple products lead me to build a Hackintosh, again and again.
Computer wise - same here. I own an ibook, Core2duo Mini, Macbook-Black, iMac(2009) iPod/s, iPad. However today's Apple PC lineup has lead me to build my Hackintosh.

I enjoy tinkering! Being able to build and setup my own custom Corei5Mac is great. ihack from this day forward :thumbup:

I have a MBP which I decided to buy after using osx86.
Good battery life LED backlit 1920x1200 17inch screen, minimal design parts, what's not to like?

Would I buy an imac? not on your life. Too expensive and a maintenance headache on a hardware level. I draw the line at needing glass suckers.

Would I buy a mac pro? no way, daylight robbery on a performance v price scale.

Mac mini, maybe if I needed a small footprint.

I do use an apple keyboard and wireless mouse on my hackintosh, do I get any points for that? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back