CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anyone know if Apple did something with imessage again over the last couple of days?

Things have been working fine as late as Friday and I didn't use my hack until yesterday evening and was prompted to login. I entered my password and got the message: "Could not sign in to iMessage an error has occured during activation try again". Of course when I try again it still fails. Any thoughts? Is this a problem with me or are others having the same issue?

Same thing for me also today. Was working a few days ago. FaceTime not working either. Tried to reinstall new boot loader, checked the NVRAM... all good. New serial number, ether net en0 is ok. I don't know what the issue is this time.

D

Looks like it. Mine was working fine until just now; it's signed out all by itself and tells me to contact support with a code when I try to sign back in.

Same thing for me also today. Was working a few days ago. FaceTime not working either. Tried to reinstall new boot loader, checked the NVRAM... all good. New serial number, ether net en0 is ok. I don't know what the issue is this time.

D

Same here. Every last step checked or done in the guide, including new UUID, SN, etc...everything including NVRAM matches...even used a SN checked against apple to make sure it was a valid one...Contact support. Was working fine last I used it a week or 2 ago.

Mine just stopped working too. Signed me out and I got the dreaded "contact support with this number" message.

Guys,

Seems Apple is forcing logouts on devices that have questionable UUID's and/or OSX S/N - System Type miss-match. If your S/N & UUID are ok then MLB & ROM are checked against the values that were registered when you first logged in-to iCloud.

If MLB and/or ROM are different then you will get contact Apple alert with Customer code.
If UUID and/or S/N miss-match then you will get authentication/login issues.

• Make sure OSX S/N is correct for System Type, 12 digit S/N for newer hardware ...
  • Make sure SmUUID is Unique and your BIOS does not suffer from SiD bug
  • Ensure MLB & ROM are unique - do not use leached values as they will be black-listed
Use the guide here to check and solve all of the above and more ....

Whilst these are annoying issues, remember that these security checks are to protect you and your systems identity ..... if you keep having issues I suggest you take a look at Clover which offers far superior support for nvram injection than Chameleon/Chimera with FileNVRAM . Once you have stable SmUUID, correct S/N for your system type and persistent MLB & ROM you should not have any further issues.

If you have multiple Hacks, I suggest you check and resolve any issues on them all before contacting Apple to remove device lockout, that way you only have to do it once.

Cheers
Jay

my iMessage is fine has been fine for weeks now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back