Graphics
Nvidia GT 520
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just want to share my problem and subsequent solution for working audio with Diablo 3 on my hackintosh.

I thought this was a hackintosh issue and I ended up messing my previously working setup for nothing as this seems to be a problem that genuine mac users experience as well.

Basically, if audio is working fine for you everywhere but not in Diablo III, try the following:

run /Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup.app

Click on "Line-out (Green Rear)" in the left column. I guess this name might defer between audio cards.

Then on the right-hand side, choose the "Output" tab and then change the format to "48000.0 Hz".

Close the app and re-open Diablo III and you should be good to go (no need to reboot)!

Really glad I didn't spend 60$ for a muted game! :D

Attachments

• diablo_audio.png
    diablo_audio.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 310
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hehe glad it helped you! :thumbup:

I might try this tomorrow as well, but today I found out my Green port doesn't work. That was half my issue!

You rock, CharlieBee. :clap:

Like yourself, I immediately went to these forums thinking it was a Hackintosh problem as my mate just installed it on his Late 2012 iMac with sound working fine, but after following your advice on my MacDell Optiplex I can hear those late nights approaching….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back