intel HD4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
On my hackintosh (Gigabyte H87M-D3H), DHCP seems to work only if the cable is connected on boot. After boot, if I have to power-cycle my router, it fails to get an IP address again. Turning ethernet OFF and then back to DHCP in Network preferences does not seem to help. The only fix seems to be restarting. I am using Clover, No DSDT and RealTekRTL81xx.kext. Any ideas on how to avoid having to restart? Thanks

I don't mean to hijack, but I'm having a similar issue. I'm still looking for a solid fix.
Hopefully it helps you out as well in the end!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/146964-self-assigned-ip-addess-no-connectivity-intermittent-ethernet-issue.html

"The easiest & quickest way to solve it, when I was on Mavericks & now Yosemite, is to physically unplug the ethernet cable from the board, delete the Ethernet device from System Preferences > Network, & wait about 10 minutes. Then plug back in & add the Ethernet device & wait about 20 seconds.
Lo & behold, the correct IP shows up & everything instantly reconnects.

I've read that a lot of people have been having the same issue. And found that the Lnx2Mac site offers the unplug "solution".
Admittedly, the biggest possible fix that I haven't tried yet, is a format & a clean install. Which is planned, but not for at least 6 months or so, when I'm looking to install an SSD.

Does anyone at all have any solid advice? It has to be a driver or kext issue, right?
Thanks in advance :D"

I switched the kext to RealtekRTL8111 from insanelymac.com and that seems to have fixed this issue. After an unplug/reconnect of the cable, it gets an IP via DHCP correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back