Motherboard
Asus STRIX Z270i Gaming ITX
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I installed High Sierra 10.13.0 last night after being on 10.12.6 for a good few months and it was extremely stable and I had no issues.

After doing a clean install of 10.13.0, I installed the latest nvidia drivers and that's when I noticed that the overall use of the system appears to be very laggy. Even when working on the desktop, simple tasks like resizing windows would show obvious lag on the screen, and chrome is basically unusable (extremely slow and pages lag when scrolling down) with hardware acceleration enabled. I had to switch chrome hardware acceleration off in settings in order to make chrome useable.

The strange thing is, openGL appears to be working just fine. my Geekbench score is higher than ever before, rocking a whopping 140000! So clearly the drivers are working just fine, but overall use of the Desktop doing basic things like moving windows around and using chrome feels sluggish. It's quite noticeable to be and its annoying the crap out of me!

Initially I had onboard gfx (Intel HD 630) disabled in the BIOS, so my pcie nvidia 1070 was primary. After noticing the sluggishness I thought that maybe if I enabled iGPU it would improve things, but the result was the same. In fact, im not even sure if my Intel HD630 is configured correctly, but High Sierra does detect it and I was able to run Geekbench on the Intel HD630 when selecting it from the drop box.

What could possibly be causing this?? I'm attaching my clover config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.2 KB · Views: 305
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 18.39.26.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 18.39.26.png
    245.5 KB · Views: 661
  • kexts.png
    kexts.png
    409.3 KB · Views: 727
Last edited:
I am seeing the same behavior. Not sure what to do tho.

Same issue, but when I updated 10.13. to 10.13.1.
Before updating everything working smooth and fine.
I really don't know what the people from Apple are doing.

Back to 10.13 and solved :rolleyes:

The same exact issue has happened to me as well. I noticed a strong difference after upgrading to 10.13.1, regardless direct upgrade or fresh install, that the system becomes less responsive esp with Chrome i.e. lag when switching/closing tab, scrolling, etc

Another observation is after upgrade it starts to give black screen issue and random freezes (SMBIOS iMac 18,3, but no issue on 10.12.6), and I had to install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to solve that.

@FaNIX have you found a solution?

also have slight stutters using things like chrome, and moving windows about.

same problem here - on every release up to and including 10.13.2 (17C88)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back