Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hackintosh Brightness Control v0.2

Description:
With hackintosh brightness control you can control your screen brightness of your desktop computer by pressing F1 (decreasing brightness) or F2 (increasing brightness) keys.

How to install:
1) copy hackintoshBrightness.app to your application folder
2) Run hackintoshBrightness.app from your application folder and give it access from accessibility (located in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Accessibility)
3) Add hackintoshBrightness.app on login items (located in System Preferences -> Users & Groups -> Login items)
4) Restart your hack.

Hackintosh Brightness Control works only on monitors connected with hdmi/dvi cables and only with few AMD/NVIDIA gpus.

Tested on Yosemite 10.10 with AMD Radeon R9 270.

Hackintosh brightness uses DDC/IC source created by Jonathan Taylor for brightness control and some code from DDC Tool by PHPdev32 for the gui.

Attachments

• HackintoshBrightness_bin.zip
    73.7 KB · Views: 2,069
  • hackintoshContro_source.zip
    95.5 KB · Views: 807
I know the easiest way, it's called 'Brightness Slider' it's available for free on App Store..
You can control you brightness through your keyboard.

Working with no problems, confirmed on ASUS PB287Q (4K) connected with Display-port on GTX 980 Ti

I know the easiest way, it's called 'Brightness Slider' it's available for free on App Store..
You can control you brightness through your keyboard.

Working with no problems, confirmed on ASUS PB287Q (4K) connected with Display-port on GTX 980 Ti

I am not sure about the OP's solution but this doesn't actually control the monitor. It just overlays the screen with a dark layer.

Yea. But goal is the same. That's good solution for 4K Users who need to be connected with DisplayPort

Yea. But goal is the same. That's good solution for 4K Users who need to be connected with DisplayPort

The goal isnt the same at all! DCC/IC controls monitor brightness..no black filters or whatever, trust me ;)
Also hackintosh control display a nice OSD like osx original OSD, better versions with custom keys, volumes keys and other support will come! The finally goal of Hackintosh Control is to bring key mappings for hackintosh like the original macs (volumes,brightness,cdrom eject, spaces and power button).

Not working on El Capitan :(.

Awesome! Works on my OSX 10.11.1 install with a Asus PB278QR attached to a GTX9800 via DVI. When I have it started as a login item however it doesn't display the dark gray square that shows the brightness level though, although I don't really mind that. Would it at all be possible to have it trigger on Fn+F1/F2 instead of the regular F1/F2?

Unfortunately not working for me on 10.11.3 with Nvidia web driver and Geforce 750Ti. When I press F1/F2 I get a HUD but no adjustment and an error beep.

Did you share the source code somewhere? Or maybe have an upgraded version? Because the original ddc/ci code from Jonathan Taylor doesn't work on my monitor, but updated version of BrightnessMenulet and ddcctl works fine.

How about for nvidia gtx1060 6gb ram macos sierra 10.12.6. Brightness slider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back