Contribute
Register

[DEPRECATED] ASRock Rack EP2C602 Install Guide for Sierra and High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have downloaded already I'm just not sure how to find the MSR or how to patch it?

Thanks for your quick reply!

Just run the program and it will tell you the proper usage.

"Usage: UEFIPatch image_file [patches.txt] [-o output]"

An MSR unlocked copy of the most recent BIOS for your board with NVMe support is attached.

Attachments

• P602_4D1.90.patched.zip
    4 MB · Views: 197
An MSR unlocked copy of the most recent BIOS for your board with NVMe support is attached.

You are amazing, infinite gratitude!

Just flashed and got clover working off of the SSD. I'm a lil stuck of generating the ssdt, do I need to be booted into the hackintosh to generate or can I create the SSDT "custom flag method" from my macbook pro?

If you dump the ACPI to your USB installer as detailed in the OP, you can then create the SSDT using the custom method on any machine.

I had dumped the ACPI but couldn't figure otu the script initially. Generated the SSDT, I am using your clover file but I keep hanging at "Waiting for root device"

You can boot without the custom SSDT using NullCpuPowerManagement. Did you try that first?

Same issue, just tried... Do I need to do something special since I have a Sandy bridge processor? I just started using your config file because trying to frankenstein my old config file and adapt it to the new board seemed stupid.

I don't know since I do not have, and have never tested, your processor generation. However, @jlanot and @USA-RedDragon appear to have Sandy Bridge chips. They may be able to help with that issue.

Quick update: I was able to boot into a USB macOS installer via the clover on my ssd, but not able to get passed HID legacy on the 10.13.6 SSD I was using in my last rig. I'm in Sata port 1. I did not flash Marvell update but don't plan on using it. Any other ideas?

If you have in your Clover EFI file "SSDT-UIAC", you will need to remove it. That will properly map the USB ports, but only for a EP2C602. Since you have a different board, it will cause the USB to screw up, and potentially other unforeseen issues. You will need to create your own USB SSDT injector to match your board. Since the guide and the files are all tailored to a different motherboard, differences in the install are undoubtedly going to come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back