Contribute
Register

[DEPRECATED] ASRock Rack EP2C602 Install Guide for Sierra and High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Step Six - Booting into Clover:

Can you convince me why I would switch to AptioMemoryFix if OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi is working without any hustle (calculate slide). And you don't need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. ;)

Can you convince me why I would switch to AptioMemoryFix if OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi is working without any hustle (calculate slide). And you don't need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. ;)

See Slice post here.
Rev 4378-4382
New set of memory fix drivers.

OsxAptioFixDrv and OsxAptioFix2Drv reverted to rev before 4368 so without NVRAM support. Let them stay here for history. And sometimes OsxAptioFixDrv is only working version for high warped memory map.
OsxAptioFix2Drv is a reduced version without relocation blocks and may not works on some hardware or with older OS version. But this version supported Hibernation while first one no.
OsxAptioFix3Drv is a OsxAptioFix2Drv rev 4369 renamed to be different. This version supported NVRAM. More runtime fixes in 4379. This version can be improved by clover crew in future.
AptioMemoryFix included in the package is third-party memory fix driver used as is. It is probably better then OsxAptioFix*. Choose it for a first attempt.
OsxLowMemFixDrv is also memory fix driver, not improved since rev608.

SIC! These 5 drivers should not be used simultaneously! Choose one of them!

Clover will be updated for mutually exclusion.

To my understanding, only AptioMemoryFix will be developed going forward. The other Aptio fixes are still available but will have no future enhancements or development. Since I wrote the guide for someone starting from scratch, I wanted to use the very best future-proof option. That is why I selected the newest AptioMemoryFix.

However, if OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi works for you on Sierra or High Sierra, there is likely no reason to change. If OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi does not work when installing Sierra or High Sierra, try to switch to AptioMemoryFix.

UEFI on these boards seems to be a problem. Details here, here, and here. Solution is here.

@teamawesome. If you need to add boot record to UEFI NVRAM, use EFI\CLOVER\tools\Shell64U.efi. You will find bcfg command.

When you boot into Clover, go to UEFI Shell. Each Clover theme looks a little different, but it should be easy to find. Inside of the UEFI shell, use a bcfg command to fix the UEFI boot list. Everything works after that. If you get stumped, just use the help flag to output sample instructions.

As noted, use the help flag to learn the remaining arguments you need. It will require “bcfg boot add” etc etc. I’ll see if I can’t get you better instructions in a bit

Boot into Clover and select the UEFI Shell 64.
Run "bcfg -?". You can learn all you need from the help flag's output. Use page up and page down to view output.
You can use "bcfg boot dump" to view your current configuration.
Most likely you need to run bcfg boot add ? BOOTX64.efi "macOS", where ? is the number you are assigning to this entry.

Hello guys! I just did a fresh install directly to 10.13.4, and I'm having a few problems.

First, its terribly laggy, every window move is a hassle (I still don't know if it's related to SMBIOS and/or Nvidia WebDriver… tried everything though, even the nvidia-update-master but I got stuck at the login page).

Also it sees my backup internal hard drive as a new drive that needs to be initialized. And it doesn't see the ethernet ports.

If anyone knows ways around this I'd appreciate deeply!

First, its terribly laggy, every window move is a hassle (I still don't know if it's related to SMBIOS and/or Nvidia WebDriver… tried everything though, even the nvidia-update-master but I got stuck at the login page).
Have you confirmed that power management is working correctly? Which kexts are you using? Did you properly calculate your slide value if using AptioMemoryFix? Your profile indicates you have two 980 Ti GPU's. Have you tested with just one?

Also it sees my backup internal hard drive as a new drive that needs to be initialized.
Which SATA port is the drive connected to? Most likely that occurs because you have the drive connected to the Marvell controller set in a RAID configuration.

And it doesn't see the ethernet ports.
Did you follow the flash instructions in the guide? Please post a screen shot of "Ethernet Cards" from System Information. It should look like this.

Have you confirmed that power management is working correctly? Which kexts are you using? Did you properly calculate your slide value if using AptioMemoryFix? Your profile indicates you have two 980 Ti GPU's. Have you tested with just one?

I don't know if it is, but I did every step you detailed for the SSDT-CPUPM.aml (just not the slide calculation for AptioMemoryFix, didn't get it). I just tried with one display connected to one GPU, and I get much better results indeed, but I'd rather have my two displays connected both in HDMI on each GPU…

Which SATA port is the drive connected to? Most likely that occurs because you have the drive connected to the Marvell controller set in a RAID configuration.

Nope it's connected to SATA II, and it shows up now with only one display on one GPU!

Also, it appeared at launch that "disk3: I/O error", and on shut down "disk3 device is write locked"

Did you follow the flash instructions in the guide? Please post a screen shot of "Ethernet Cards" from System Information. It should look like this.

Yep I did on Ubuntu, but now nothing shows up, no need for a screen, there's just "No PCI Ethernet card…"

Thanks a lot for the advice, it's apparently 2GPU-related for the most part (any idea of why?), just this ethernet that worked flawlessly until now…

Last edited:
I don't know if it is, but I did every step you detailed for the SSDT-CPUPM.aml (just not the slide calculation for AptioMemoryFix, didn't get it). I just tried with one display connected to one GPU, and I get much better results indeed, but I'd rather have my two displays connected both in HDMI on each GPU…

Nope it's connected to SATA II, and it shows up now with only one display on one GPU!

Yep I did on Ubuntu, but now nothing shows up, no need for a screen, there's just "No PCI Ethernet card…"

Thanks a lot for the advice, it's apparently 2GPU-related for the most part (any idea of why?), just this ethernet that worked flawlessly until now…

Your NVRAM likely isn't working unless you calculated the slide value. I would test NVRAM. The Web Drivers won't load properly if NVRAM isn't functioning correctly. Alternatively, remove AptioMemoryFix and replace with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. I would redo the NIC flashing, sounds like a potential mistake. Can't hurt to run through it all again carefully.

My machine is currently rendering, so I can't reboot, but as soon as possible I will (finally) make and post a BIOS guide. That may be related.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back