Contribute
Register

[DEPRECATED] ASRock Rack EP2C602 Install Guide for Sierra and High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok then there must be something to fix, as it runs at 2.57ghz constantly, and sometimes drops at 1.19ghz during Geekbench

Ok then there must be something to fix, as it runs at 2.57ghz constantly, and sometimes drops at 1.19ghz during Geekbench

CPU PM isn’t working. Revisit Step 9 of the guide.

CPU PM isn’t working. Revisit Step 9 of the guide.

I followed exactly your step 9, I get this first, and when I continue and change with the new ssdt, the best I get is the processors at 2.60ghz, never more. I tried targeting as Ivi Bridge, same thing

EDIT : Of course I forgot to delete NullCPUPowerManager from the kexts… all good now, but I'm still around 24000 on geekbench… guess I can't do a lot more than that!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2018-04-06 à 05.40.35.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-04-06 à 05.40.35.png
    247.1 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I followed exactly your step 9, I get this first, and when I continue and change with the new ssdt, the best I get is the processors at 2.60ghz, never more. I tried targeting as Ivi Bridge, same thing

EDIT : Of course I forgot to delete NullCPUPowerManager from the kexts… all good now, but I'm still around 24000 on geekbench… guess I can't do a lot more than that!

Glad it’s working. Also, the E5-2670 v1 is not Ivy Bridge. That is Sandy Bridge.

Yep that’s what I figured, but I didnt get if this message was important and I needed to force it (with -target) as an Ivy bridge, but probably not...

Yep that’s what I figured, but I didnt get if this message was important and I needed to force it (with -target) as an Ivy bridge, but probably not...

I still don't think you are seeing optimal performance. Based on this and this, you should be closer to 31K on multi-core.

I still don't think you are seeing optimal performance. Based on this and this, you should be closer to 31K on multi-core.

Humm then I don't know what's wrong, here is my EFI boot partition

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    45.9 MB · Views: 235
Pre-Installation Notes
  • This guide is for the Asrock Rack EP2C602 using Ivy Bridge (E5 v2) processors. Although ASRock makes several boards, such as the 4L/D16, that are similar to the EP2C602, I don't own them and therefore can't test on them. Sandy Bridge processors will work (likely just as well as Ivy Bridge), but there are some distinctions that will effect the build. Since I don't own an E5 v1 chip, I can't test what those differences are. If you own an Sandy Bridge-EP, please provide feedback so that I can incorporate the information into this guide.
Unfortunately I don't own a Sandy Bridge-EP processor, so I can't test or confirm anything related to them. I know there are different steps to enabling CPUPM on the Sandy Bridge chips because they were never used by Apple, whereas the MacPro6,1 uses Ivy Bridge-EP processors. However, it appears that @Rysiu has the exact same processors you do and started this thread. You may find better assistance from those with Sandy Bridge-EP processors there. It looks like @IgnitePro also has dual E5-2670's.

Hi @teamawesome! I'm still not at my best CPU configuration but it works well! Would you know how to fix my USB 3 that is making everything lag, and wifi to stop working? My USB 2 works well but a bit slow for video editing :p

Hi @teamawesome! I'm still not at my best CPU configuration but it works well! Would you know how to fix my USB 3 that is making everything lag, and wifi to stop working? My USB 2 works well but a bit slow for video editing :p

What chipset is the USB3 and the WiFi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back