Contribute
Register

[DEPRECATED] ASRock Rack EP2C602 Install Guide for Sierra and High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, thanks for all your hard work!!! I have the Asrock EP2C602-4L/d16 (my asus z9pe just fried so I'm rebuilding)

I'm trying to figure out how to unlock MSR with UEFIPatch. I'm guessing this step is necessary even if I don't need NVME support? So I search "MSR" in UEFITOOL and then patch? Sorry I'm a lil lost :)
You can use Clover built in MSR unlock. ;)

You can use Clover built in MSR unlock. ;)

Not exactly. Clover's AppleIntelCPUPM will keep the system rom crashing, but it can't unlock the MSR. Modifying the BIOS to truly unlock the MSR is the superior solution.

"Some vendors, like ASUS, restrict the use of MSR register 0xE2 in their power management module to ReadOnly. On Sandy/Ivy Bridge systems the kext AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement will try to write to this register and cause a kernel panic. This patch will eliminate the kext's write operations."

Not exactly. Clover's AppleIntelCPUPM will keep the system rom crashing, but it can't unlock the MSR. Modifying the BIOS to truly unlock the MSR is the superior solution.

"Some vendors, like ASUS, restrict the use of MSR register 0xE2 in their power management module to ReadOnly. On Sandy/Ivy Bridge systems the kext AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement will try to write to this register and cause a kernel panic. This patch will eliminate the kext's write operations."
Have not observed any "system rom crashing" and kernel crashing :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back