Contribute
Register

Dell XPS13 9370 QHD Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I think the high cpu frequency problem is due to CodecCommander.kext (when it's used with AppleALC.kext), thers's someone got the same problem (click here to see). The headphone jack is not available yet as @calabash said he's still working on it. The Graphic Card is not working well due to the platform-id injected to whateverGreeen is not the peroper one. I'll keep trying different platform-id to solve this problem and you'll be notificated when it's done ;)
It should be that I used CodecCommander. kext, so I used alcid = 22 in boot in config. Look, you didn't use it, so alcid = 2.

At first, a friend helped me compile different versions of AppleHDA. kext. A certain version of the headset is available, and the microphone is built-in. But later, after testing other versions, it is still not used.

Finally, I had to make do with applealc.

Actually I think the high cpu frequency problem is due to CodecCommander.kext (when it's used with AppleALC.kext), thers's someone got the same problem (click here to see). The headphone jack is not available yet as @calabash said he's still working on it. The Graphic Card is not working well due to the platform-id injected to whateverGreeen is not the peroper one. I'll keep trying different platform-id to solve this problem and you'll be notificated when it's done ;)
The graphics card should be normal, the external display can also be used, but the frequency of the CPU is not normal, and it still does not exceed 2.3 GHz under high load. I think this is a problem.

Thank you so much for the clover, which is a little simpler than the clover I made up before. I hope you will continue to improve it. Come on, thank you.

@nqseo update your profile. Motherboard, and Graphics is missing.

The Graphic Card is not working well due to the platform-id injected to whateverGreeen is not the peroper one. I'll keep trying different platform-id to solve this problem and you'll be notificated when it's done ;)
Can you be more specific? What is not working well with the iGPU?

See here about patched AppleHDA and CPU usage:

Thanks @fivos1996 i have no high cpu frequency issues. But problems with combination jack. I think a already found he solution and will try it out on the Weekend

When I use CodecCommander. kext, waking up after sleep does not affect the speaker. But I did prove that CPU high frequencies are caused by this thing.

If I turn on a music player in the background, I have a certain chance to wake up in the background after sleep.

This patch is problematic on my xps, as if it does not support hot plugging, and is not available most of the time when I use the type-C dock.

Use MacBookPro14,2 or MacBookPro15,2 at SMBIOS to install Mojave,Otherwise you may be missing some configuration or file for thunderbolt. Then use the patch, it work perfectly for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back