Contribute
Register

DELL XPS M1330 Hackintosh (PLEASE READ!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Xps m1330 Laptop mobo
CPU
Core 2 duo
Graphics
mobile intel 965 chipset (onboard)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey everyone!

I want to hackintosh my Dell XPS m1330

I already know its compatible, (The only real downfall is a kernal panic on shutdown, or restart.. or so i've heard)

the reason i come here is because this is all I have to hackintosh

A USB Stick 2GB

A 8GB SD Card

A DVD W/ OSX Snow Leopard (Bought from Apple).

How would i go about Hackintoshing this system?

I have plenty of space on my HDD if I would need to create partitions

I also currently have access to a Imac G4 (If that helps any.. XD)

XPS M1330 Specs:

CPU: Core 2 DUO (T5250 @1.5GHz)

GPU: Intel 965m Chipset (358mb)

HDD: 452 GB

Current OS: Windows 8.1 (I'd like to duel boot if possible, but if not, i'm okay with that, i'll just upload all the files I need/want to mediafire, or drop box)

Reason I want to hackinstosh:

I'm a music producer in the genre of Hip-Hop, software (DAW) works great on Mac OSX.

Please reply ASAP:)

Hey everyone!

I want to hackintosh my Dell XPS m1330

I already know its compatible, (The only real downfall is a kernal panic on shutdown, or restart.. or so i've heard)

the reason i come here is because this is all I have to hackintosh

A USB Stick 2GB

A 8GB SD Card

A DVD W/ OSX Snow Leopard (Bought from Apple).

How would i go about Hackintoshing this system?

I have plenty of space on my HDD if I would need to create partitions

I also currently have access to a Imac G4 (If that helps any.. XD)

XPS M1330 Specs:

CPU: Core 2 DUO (T5250 @1.5GHz)

GPU: Intel 965m Chipset (358mb)

HDD: 452 GB

Current OS: Windows 8.1 (I'd like to duel boot if possible, but if not, i'm okay with that, i'll just upload all the files I need/want to mediafire, or drop box)

Reason I want to hackinstosh:

I'm a music producer in the genre of Hip-Hop, software (DAW) works great on Mac OSX.

Please reply ASAP:)

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

It says i will need a blank CD, I'm trying to escape that route, I dont have a blank CD, all i have is what I listed.

Obtain a blank CD/DVD.

DUDE, the whole point of this post was to find a way to NOT use a CD, like for real man?

If you knew enough already, you'd probably realize how to make a USB from iBoot.

But I'm assuming you are a novice.

When you're just now learning, you should plan to use the guides as written. Expecting someone to write a custom guide for your wishes should probably not be expected.

Blank CD/DVDs are very inexpensive.

If you knew enough already, you'd probably realize how to make a USB from iBoot.

But I'm assuming you are a novice.

When you're just now learning, you should plan to use the guides as written. Expecting someone to write a custom guide for your wishes should probably not be expected.

Blank CD/DVDs are very inexpensive.

I understand that, and I have hackintoshed before, I'm just wanting too know if creating a bootable USB would be the same as making a bootable SD, since my USB is only 2GB, which im 90% sure isnt enough.

I understand that, and I have hackintoshed before, I'm just wanting too know if creating a bootable USB would be the same as making a bootable SD, since my USB is only 2GB, which im 90% sure isnt enough.

Most laptops will not boot OS X via SD card anyway, due to lack of drivers for the card reader.

Code:
[CODE]
[/CODE]
Most laptops will not boot OS X via SD card anyway, due to lack of drivers for the card reader.

Okay, and my USB flash drive wouldnt work to boot iboot right?

Code:
[CODE]
[/CODE]

Okay, and my USB flash drive wouldnt work to boot iboot right?

You could certainly create a bootable USB modeled after iBoot in only 2gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back