Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys, I am not able to get through to the main install screen. I am able to boot, but it crashes before I can even get to the initial installer screens.

Any ideas?

Screenshot attached

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    997.3 KB · Views: 135
Thanks, I have followed the Unibeast guide and have Yosemite installed. After initial boot I am experiencing the following:

- System only seems to boot with the -IGPlatformID=01660004 -IGPEnabler=N -GraphicsEnabler=N, so I am getting low quality display

- Multibeast barely working: The XPS is running so slow, you click any configuration button in Multibeast and you get a spinning beach ball for 30s - 3 minutes

I still haven't been able to save/build multibeast. Is there a workaround to fixing the CPU speed without using Multibeast?

Thanks, I have followed the Unibeast guide and have Yosemite installed. After initial boot I am experiencing the following:

- System only seems to boot with the -IGPlatformID=01660004 -IGPEnabler=N -GraphicsEnabler=N, so I am getting low quality display

- Multibeast barely working: The XPS is running so slow, you click any configuration button in Multibeast and you get a spinning beach ball for 30s - 3 minutes

I still haven't been able to save/build multibeast. Is there a workaround to fixing the CPU speed without using Multibeast?

There is should be no dash preceding IGPlatformID, IGPEnabler, GraphicsEnabler.

For your system: IGPEnabler=Y GraphicsEnabler=N IGPlatformID=01660004 dart=0

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

Follow-up. Multibeast finished and I installed the configuration show in the first image.

Rebooted and immediately got a kernel panic relating to AppleCPU management, so rebooted again with the following flags:

-IGPlatformID=01660004 -v -x -f

And boot failed again with the second screenshot.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    776.6 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    782.1 KB · Views: 134
Follow-up. Multibeast finished and I installed the configuration show in the first image.

Rebooted and immediately got a kernel panic relating to AppleCPU management, so rebooted again with the following flags:

-IGPlatformID=01660004 -v -x -f

And boot failed again with the second screenshot.

Any thoughts?

Read post #4. You're using dashes inappropriately. The boot flag for specifying ig-platform-id in Chimera is spelled 'IGPlatformID' not '-IGPlatformID'.

Thank you. I am now at least writing the flags properly. Attached are shots showing with and without -X on boot now.

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    833.4 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    778.4 KB · Views: 115
Thank you. I am now at least writing the flags properly. Attached are shots showing with and without -X on boot now.

You should really read the guide linked by post #4. And then follow it carefully.

Make sure you're using a genuine copy of OS X downloaded from the Mac App Store.

Also be patient. Booting the OS X installer from USB is not quick.

See what happens...

Thank you. I have followed the Power Management Guide very carefully:

- Installed Yosemite via Unibeast using your guide (and your 3 main compiled kexts)
- Booted into Yosemite and followed the "First run of Multibeast" portion of power management guide
- Edited and saved the SMBIOS as MacBookAir5,2 using Chameleon Wizard
- Rebooted, but no matter what I try I cannot get back into Yosemite now. Screenshot attached.
- I have tried booting with DropSSDT=Yes

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    779.3 KB · Views: 87
Thank you. I have followed the Power Management Guide very carefully:

- Installed Yosemite via Unibeast using your guide (and your 3 main compiled kexts)
- Booted into Yosemite and followed the "First run of Multibeast" portion of power management guide
- Edited and saved the SMBIOS as MacBookAir5,2 using Chameleon Wizard
- Rebooted, but no matter what I try I cannot get back into Yosemite now. Screenshot attached.
- I have tried booting with DropSSDT=Yes

You need to use the same graphics flags you used to reach the installer. Eventually, you should add the needed flags to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back