RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Older machine I have. Quick and dirty install, should take less than a hour complete, all basic stuff works fine except sleep. Did this just for fun and maybe it will help somebody out.

Machine is Dell XPS 9000 2.66 core i7-920, GTS 240, 6GB RAM, Bios A15. Leave all the RAM in. AFAIK there are no "premade" DSDT's for this machine, so it will always be pretty tough to get a fully functional 9000.

Before starting make sure under Bios you have the SATA mode under "Advanced Chipset features" to AHCI and under "Power Management Features" my ACPI suspend type is S3.

1) Download and make the UniBeast install USB Flash drive

2) Start computer, hold F12, select USB flash drive. Note the screen may stay black for 20-30 seconds here before it all loads.

3) Once in installer, select disk utility, select partition, select GUID under options with 1 partition, and partition disk. Once done, quit disk utility and install 10.7.1 on selected drive.

4) Leave USB flash drive in.

5) Restart and Select F12 again. Select USB Drive, and it will bring up a list of bootable drives. Select your newly installed 10.7.1 drive and let it boot.

6) Once in new installation of Lion, enter your info (note you can add as little as you want and then just continue on) then run Multibeast 4.1 with the following 4 buttons checked:
-Easybeast install
-System utilities
-Drivers and Bootloaders->Kexts andEnablers->Audio->Universal->VooDooHDA 0.2.1
-Drivers and Bootladers->Kexts and Enablers->Network->Lnx2Macs Realtek RTL 81XX Ethernet (it's installer will launch after MB 4.1 finishes).

7) Restart, use F12 to select new drive, it should boot with sound and network all working.

That’s it! :D The rest is up to you.

I have only done two more things to tweak my system which are:

MB 4.1 Fake SMC plug ins will get more info on iStat pro widget (hdd/fans/gpu and cpu temps etc)

10.7.2 combo update which installed fine and caused no issues at all.

thanks for the tips! i just put 10.7.2 on my XPS9000 and had crackling audio.
i switched back to the oldest one that you suggested & it seems working now.

did you figure out all the sensors for iStat menus?

UPDATE: the line in wouldn't work on VoodooHDA 02.1 so i started at 2.72 at worked back to one that both didnt crackle AND the line in worked.
unfortunately, now that i'm working, i cant remember which one i'm using. it's not a big deal, but for future reference it might save 10min. i'm not sure if the timestamp on the kext would help in identifying which one it is.
Code:
$ ls -latr |grep -i voodoo
drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel   102 Apr 24  2010 VoodooHDA.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back