Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 8930 High Sierra Guide 10.13.6 (Nvidia 1050Ti)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i updated today (11.1.18)

the web driver was the most recent one

the updater said something about security update and itunes update only so thought it would be relatively benign

i updated directly from the app store..and the computer restarted numerous times before the update was complete

osx is still showing as 13.6 but the NVIDIA web drivers have been disabled with a message they are not compatible anymore and have reverted to the standard osx drivers...

lots of graphics glitches now

no update available from NVIDIA even tho the OS is still 13.6 (17G3025 per the system report)
Thanks! I have included this in my guide

Last edited:
do you think this will work with mojave? will anything have to be done differently?

I just tried updating to Mojave using the IGPU UHD 630. See my update in the post if you're interested!

how did you get the ALC 3861 to work? i have an (almost)complete working Hackintosh on my Dell XPS 8700( Mojave 10.14.2) I use an external Audio Interface for my sound , but i also use that interface on the go, id like to be able to have the Built in Audio card working for when i don't have interface home.Its the only device not installed on my Hackintosh. How would i go about getting it working post install. preferably not with MultiBeast.

See step 5. I only tested the front facing 3.5mm port and it works. I've been using USB speakers and haven't tested the 3.5mm port since my initial installation. I thought it stopped working after all these updates but apparently it still works.

Btw you lug your desktop computer around with you???

how did you get the ALC 3861 to work? i have an (almost)complete working Hackintosh on my Dell XPS 8700( Mojave 10.14.2) I use an external Audio Interface for my sound , but i also use that interface on the go, id like to be able to have the Built in Audio card working for when i don't have interface home.Its the only device not installed on my Hackintosh. How would i go about getting it working post install. preferably not with MultiBeast.

Last edited:
I just tried updating to Mojave using the IGPU UHD 630. See my update in the post if you're interested!
I tried Mojave and got stuck at gray screen at the end of the install. Could you post your EFI for the Mojave install?

Thanks,

I have uploaded it. Hope it helps. I did revert back to High Sierra though because I don't want to have to pull out my graphics card every time I use windows to play games.

I'll update my post if I ever switch to a Radeon.

I tried Mojave and got stuck at gray screen at the end of the install. Could you post your EFI for the Mojave install?

Thanks,

internal audio is working in Mojave by simply install AppleALC and Lilu kexts, and inject audio=1 in clover

There is one single mistake when you do your USB injection. The card reader is under Intel controller which should be XHC-HS01 instead of PXSX-SS01. I verified in my machine and now the card reader worked perfectly.

*note: you need to de-activate another USB port to be under 15 ports limit. I choose HS05 since I never use it.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    838 bytes · Views: 115
There is one single mistake when you do your USB injection. The card reader is under Intel controller which should be XHC-HS01 instead of PXSX-SS01. I verified in my machine and now the card reader worked perfectly.

*note: you need to de-activate another USB port to be under 15 ports limit. I choose HS05 since I never use it.

Thank you! I'll include your correction in my guide with proper credits! Thought the SD Card reader was a waste.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back