Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 8930 High Sierra Guide 10.13.6 (Nvidia 1050Ti)

Motherboard
Dell XPS 8930
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
UHD 630 / Radeon RX 560
Mac
iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac
oh man - i am sorry

i have been in that hackintosh hell a few times myself in the past so i empathize

i haven't got a fusion drive on mine - i am just booting from a ssd - im not sure what to suggest

hopefully you are working from some kind of backup or you have a back up that can get you up and running again while you rethink/re calibrate?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 8930
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
oh man - i am sorry

i have been in that hackintosh hell a few times myself in the past so i empathize

i haven't got a fusion drive on mine - i am just booting from a ssd - im not sure what to suggest

hopefully you are working from some kind of back or you have a back up that can get you up and running again while you rethink/re calibrate?
Would be great if you could attach your 10.14.4 APFS.efi here

Fusion drives are great. Read/write just as fast as the SSD but provides huge amount of volume for cheap.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 8930
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
UHD 630 / Radeon RX 560
Mac
iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac
Would be great if you could attach your 10.14.4 APFS.efi here

Fusion drives are great. Read/write just as fast as the SSD but provides huge amount of volume for cheap.
Here it is dandelion clock - this is from the 10.4.4 install

However, this file is not in my EFI driver folder in clover

When I swapped out the graphics card, I updated clover to version 4895 - I don't see apfs.efi in any of the folders

everything seems to boot up and run as smoothly as it did before when the Nvidia card was installed

I hope this helps with your situation

Attachments

Motherboard
Dell XPS 8930
CPU
i5 8400
Graphics
UHD630+RX580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
i can verify ss02/hs02 is usb-c on the back.it works pretty good.