Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 8930 High Sierra Guide 10.13.6 (Nvidia 1050Ti)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First things first, you're still on High Sierra correct? Nvidia web driver is no longer supported since Mojave.

Wouldn't iMac18,3 be a more appropriate SMBIOS for your Kaby Lake processor? Why use iMac14,2 then inject fake intelgfx 19120000? 19120000 is not even a valid fakepciid. It's ig-platform-id for Sky Lake. You don't even have Sky Lake.

And why do you have to inject fake PCIID?

GFX0 needs to be renamed to IGPU, I guess unless you did an DSDT patch.

Aptiomemoryfix is the latest iteration. I'd suggest removing osxaptiofix3 and 2.

You don't need kexts in both 10.13 and other. Just leave them in other and delete all other folders.

I'd suggest redoing your whole clover config. It looks like you just copied some other people's system that is very different from yours. If you must, try booting with my config.plist and see what happens.

I don't have High Sierra and I do not have my 1050Ti anymore. To be honest I am not positive how much help I would be of.

Hi Guys,

Wondering if any of you can help on this:

I have an XPS 8920 with the i7 7700 and GTX1080.

I have not been able to get the graphics acceleration to work correctly. The help in this thread has been great and I have the system running but the graphics seem to be distorted especially near the top of the screen. Also FCPX will comment that there is no acceleration hence I am not able to use that too.

I have attached my EFI for easy reference.

Thanks in advance

Your system is actually very close to 8930. Kaby Lake and Coffee Lake are very very similar processors. 300 series chipset actually use 200-series kext. I would suggest you treating your system as if it were the same as mine and tweak form there.

iMac18,3 runs on Kaby Lake (7700k) natively, but because of the similarities with Coffee Lake us with 8th Gen core can use this SMBIOS. Really not sure why you chose SMBIOS of iMac14,2 here given you have a 7700, which simply is a locked version of 7700k.

First things first, you're still on High Sierra correct? Nvidia web driver is no longer supported since Mojave.

Wouldn't iMac18,3 be a more appropriate SMBIOS for your Kaby Lake processor? Why use iMac14,2 then inject fake intelgfx 19120000? 19120000 is not even a valid fakepciid. It's ig-platform-id for Sky Lake. You don't even have Sky Lake.

And why do you have to inject fake PCIID?

GFX0 needs to be renamed to IGPU, I guess unless you did an DSDT patch.

Aptiomemoryfix is the latest iteration. I'd suggest removing osxaptiofix3 and 2.

You don't need kexts in both 10.13 and other. Just leave them in other and delete all other folders.

I'd suggest redoing your whole clover config. It looks like you just copied some other people's system that is very different from yours. If you must, try booting with my config.plist and see what happens.

I don't have High Sierra and I do not have my 1050Ti anymore. To be honest I am not positive how much help I would be of.

Hi Dandelionclock,

I did a fresh install and used your plist but it would never load beyond the apple logo and it dies there.

The EFI 1.Zip is the one with that crashes.

The EFI.zip is my earlier one that I finally managed to get working but I am still trying to figure out what got it to boot as compared to the fresh one which crashes at the apple logo.

Thank you for helping to look at my files.

Attachments

• EFI 1.zip
    25.2 MB · Views: 166
  • EFI.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 166
You need to boot verbose so you can see where it is stuck

Thanks dandelionclock for sharing the step-by-step guide.
This is how I enabled audio using MultiBeast (Version 11.3.0-4)

1. Drivers -> Audio -> Check the following options:
  • AppleALC
  • 100/200/300 Series Audio Support (HDAS -> HDEF)
Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 9.09.21 PM.png

2. Build/Install
3. Restart

This enabled back 3.5mm output jacks. I didn't test HDMI output but it looks they are also enabled.
Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 9.11.04 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back