Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 8900 i7 6700k

Status
Not open for further replies.
yessss everything works !

For the sound card look this tutorial.

Can you give more specifics on how you got the ALC3861 to work? I'm looking at that tutorial but I cant figure out which layout to use.

Last edited:
Hey Jobine, any chance you could post your config.plist file. I have the exact same computer and I can't for the life of me figure it out. I have a running version of El Capitan but I have tons of things not working. Graphic glitches and half my Ram being the two biggest issues. If you could help I'd be greatly in debt to you.

Hi Jobine, how did you get the audio to work?

Anyone? Any hints?

Anyone? Any hints?
I got my XPS 8900's audio working just in the past few days. Have been observing it since then. Seems to be ok.

In MultiBeast I activated ALC898 and 100 Series Audio.

Attaching my config.plist if it will help.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 466
yessss everything works !

Jobine,

Can you post your config.plist file? Also do you have a guide or all the steps you took to get your XPS running? I have an identical machine to yours on its way and would like to be prepared in setting it up. Or does anyone else who has a XPS 8900 have a guide for BIOS settings and multibeast etc that are successfully running a XPS 8900? I am replacing my XPS 8500 which mostly works with minor quirks(USB issues mostly).

Thanks so much!

hey,anyone get alc3861 work?

I also have the Dell XPS 8900 quad-core, with 16 gb RAM 1tb hard drive.
And a problem.

When i attempt to install my official Snow Leopard i get as far as the Boot Menu, and the computer goes through all reading of the official CD, the computer reboots, and I have to reinsert the boot disk.

At the boot prompt, i give these flags;

PciROOT=0 F, v ,f ,x
I really would appreciate help here...

Thanks,

Donald L McDaniel

When i attempt to install my official Snow Leopard i get as far as the Boot Menu, and the computer goes through all reading of the official CD, the computer reboots, and I have to reinsert the boot disk.
No one has ever gotten Snow Leopard installed on hardware as new as the XPS 8900. There is no iBoot that will work. Any system that is Skylake or newer just won't work with Snow Leopard. If you have an older Dell from about 2011-2013 that would be your best chance. Otherwise find a 2012 or newer iMac, Mac mini or Macbook Pro and download High Sierra or Mojave from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back