Motherboard
Windows
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Black Friday is coming up and deals are coming up. I saw this build computer for Costco deals but not sure if its Mac compatible. So far of the specs i know:

Processor: 6th generation Intel i7-6700
Graphics: NVIIDA GeForce GTX 745 4GB DDR3
RAM: 16GB (8GBx2) Dual Channel DDR4 2133 MHz
Hard Drive: 1 TB 7200 rpm

Order Number: ddcwgsk105hw10

I tried to confirm motherboard and specific parts/brands but couldn't find any information about it.

Was anyone successful at getting Yosemite or El Capitan installed on the Dell XPS 8900?

Was anyone successful at getting Yosemite or El Capitan installed on the Dell XPS 8900?

Too new. Why don't you be Captain Kirk and go where no one has gone before - let us know how it turns out.

I have the same computer. I tried the same setup, and I get stuck at the Apple Boot logo, and cannot get any further. Have you had any success?

Any luck? I can't find SMBIOS settings that work. I keep getting this:

This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform!

I have this setup and am having some trouble. First off I am very new to this hackintosh stuff. But seems like an awesome idea. I am using the regular iboot and have a retail copy of snow leopard. It goes to the apple logo after I put in the snow leopard disc and just sits there. Am I using the right iboot? How do I know which one to use? Any help would be great!

I have this setup and am having some trouble. First off I am very new to this hackintosh stuff. But seems like an awesome idea. I am using the regular iboot and have a retail copy of snow leopard. It goes to the apple logo after I put in the snow leopard disc and just sits there. Am I using the right iboot? How do I know which one to use? Any help would be great!

If you have the 6700K version of the XPS 8900 it is Skylake based and there is no iBoot that
works yet. We have tried but not had success. You can buy an inexpensive HP mini PC that
will work just fine to install Snow Leopard. Read about it here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...snow-leopard-hp-elite-8000-a.html#post1169802

Then follow the guide in Post #1 of that thread for the SL install. Then you can get to the MAS
download El Capitan and make your installer on the HP mini PC.

If you have the 6700K version of the XPS 8900 it is Skylake based and there is no iBoot that
works yet. We have tried but not had success. You can buy an inexpensive HP mini PC that
will work just fine to install Snow Leopard. Read about it here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...snow-leopard-hp-elite-8000-a.html#post1169802

Then follow the guide in Post #1 of that thread for the SL install. Then you can get to the MAS
download El Capitan and make your installer on the HP mini PC.

Hey thanks for the reply!

I purchased xps 8900 i5 6400 with Gtx 745 and later got a 2014 Mac air 13". I found I can't really stand Windows anymore and tried hackintosh on my xps. Took some time but have everything working except wifi/Bluetooth as the one that came with mine is dell 1801. I ordered the 1560ac card should be here soon then all should be good. Not much support for this pc and the ones who have it working haven't shared too much on it. I tried to do a write up but didn't have correct format and I got pulled so when I get time to do correct formatting I will try again. I have ssdt for processor loaded but for some reason I don't get my turbo speeds.

I purchased xps 8900 i5 6400 with Gtx 745 and later got a 2014 Mac air 13". I found I can't really stand Windows anymore and tried hackintosh on my xps. Took some time but have everything working except wifi/Bluetooth as the one that came with mine is dell 1801. I ordered the 1560ac card should be here soon then all should be good. Not much support for this pc and the ones who have it working haven't shared too much on it. I tried to do a write up but didn't have correct format and I got pulled so when I get time to do correct formatting I will try again. I have ssdt for processor loaded but for some reason I don't get my turbo speeds.

Hi there, i have a Dell XPS 8900 i7, and im using a multibeast 9 with sierra 10.12 to boot whit a USB, when i boot the pc it shows no boot device found, can you please show how did u set up your bios?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back