Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everybody,

I have difficult to install ML 10.8.3 on my XPS8500. Can anybody help?

Key hardwares are:
Motherboard: Dell 0NW73C
CPU: i7-3770
GPU: MSI geforce gtx 660

I keep seeing this

panic(cpu 4 caller oxffffff8000554f95): "Process 1 exec of /sbin/launchd failed, errno 1"
(sometime was cpu 4, sometime was cpu 6, sometime was cpu 0)
I have try all the boot options like npci=0x3000, PCIRootUID=0,GraphicsEnabler=No, -x, -v.

I can not get in to the installation screen. Any idear?

Thanks

Here is the pic of the panic
panic pic.JPG

I using a MacBook Pro to create the USB drive. Do I have to find a mac desktop to create the USB drive?

I using a MacBook Pro to create the USB drive. Do I have to find a mac desktop to create the USB drive?

I'm referring to the smbios.plist on the USB. Did you select laptop support in Unibeast or something? Did you use Unibeast?

Did you mean use champlist to create smbios.plist?
I have tried usb suppor, laptop, and both. Same result.

Did you mean use champlist to create smbios.plist?
I have tried usb suppor, laptop, and both. Same result.

I would try re-downloading your ML (10.8.4) from Mac App Store, maybe the one you have is damaged.
Then use Unibeast to re-create USB without laptop support (will result in MacPro3,1 smbios).

I already did. But I have heard that if your download from a macbook pro, then you can only install in another macbook pro. If you download from a macbook, you can only install in another macbook. I don't know. Can I install a brand new system in my hard drive and then put into pc?

I already did. But I have heard that if your download from a macbook pro, then you can only install in another macbook pro. If you download from a macbook, you can only install in another macbook. I don't know.

Definitely not true.

Can I install a brand new system in my hard drive and then put into pc?
Probably best to search for other posts regarding a similar model as what you have and pursue correct boot flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back