Graphics
intel
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I followed all the instructions iboot + multibeast install mac os x on any intel-based pc. after I put the snow leopard dvd in the dvd reader select F5 then I press enter the screen hangs and nothing happens. has anyone had this kind of experience.

I followed all the instructions iboot + multibeast install mac os x on any intel-based pc. after I put the snow leopard dvd in the dvd reader select F5 then I press enter the screen hangs and nothing happens. has anyone had this kind of experience.

troywall

yes others have had this experience of not getting the Apple DVD to be seen or registered in the DVD.

Possible solutions - A Bad DVD or Bad DVD Reader - if you have a Windows install CD you can place that into the DVD reader and F5 then it should show up as an icon, if not then it appears to be the reader.

Were you able to install Windows to a hard drive

Also if you can use a single Hard Drive ( spare or older one ) you may have to use for this experiment. And if you have windows on another hard drive remove it ( disconnect sata cable)

F5 reads the DVD label

Also you could have a flakey SATA port - we only use the SATA ports that are connected to the NorthBridge- Intel- Chipset - as the number of sata ports on these chips are either 6 or 4 these are the ports we want to use to connect our SATA cables to - the other SATA ports are through other 3rd parts chips that will not work in the boot process due to the fact that we don't have Kexts loaded for these at this time.

Sometimes its the order of the ports - DVD should be the last port on the intel chipset - the hack volume should be the first -

You also need to set the SATA control interface from the default of IDE to AHCI ( they are 3 options ide raid and ahci.) This is explained in the document - also S3 and HPET check that - also if you can see if you hardware BIOS is current or newest.

Also its a good idea that you post what hardware you are using this helps us - so make of Mainboard Model number too - same for CPU and any options include drives.

Do you have a Windows install on this system - if so you should enable the AHCI in the Windows Registry and change it in the bios as windows will not boot w its registry set to IDE and have the bios set to AHCI

Thank you for the response this is a brand new computer out of the box, I reloaded windows 8 and left 500 Gigi available for snow leopard. I will get the detailed spec from dell and post them on this thread. When I put the snow leopard DVD in the DVD player and press f5 it does show the os icon for snow leopard. I was thinking maybe I should slick the hard drive leave not reinstall windows 8 and try it that way.

i have already made the changes to the bios except order of boot that you suggested I will change that and try again.

thanks again I will get the motherboard specs and post that info.

Thank you for the response this is a brand new computer out of the box, I reloaded windows 8 and left 500 Gigi available for snow leopard. I will get the detailed spec from dell and post them on this thread. When I put the snow leopard DVD in the DVD player and press f5 it does show the os icon for snow leopard. I was thinking maybe I should slick the hard drive leave not reinstall windows 8 and try it that way.

i have already made the changes to the bios except order of boot that you suggested I will change that and try again.

thanks again I will get the motherboard specs and post that info.

How is your HDD formatted? If you allowed Win8 installer to format it, OS X will not install on it. You need GUID instead of MBR for OS X.

Since I cannot get snow leopard up what tool is available that i can use to
format the drive GUID

Had a little luck I can get the apple logo to show on the desktop however it hangs there, the disk itself is formatted gpt so I left 500 Gigi unformatted I will see if that works

no luck still hangs on the apple logo looks like I need a way to format the complete drive under GUID

no luck still hangs on the apple logo looks like I need a way to format the complete drive under GUID

troywall

You could try to use a stand alone Linux install CD one that you can boot from and then use the partition and formater on the linux

Umbutu comes to my mind as one you can try.

You want to boot off the CD and run Linux then use the format or delete all partitions then setup a GUID partition Make several so that you can use them for backup, then boot w Iboot and use OSX install / Disk util
to install OSX.

Good idea I will try that , I even downloaded an osi and it would not work either
i will see if using Linux will work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back